Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Administrator
Y2KGUII ZD Wgn
48,215 Posts
Never seen one but it may be possible, laws on these type of mods are quite strict in Oz, there are many chopped dual cabs around though.

·
Rogue
nissan gu patrol
20,220 Posts
Never seen one and hope I never see one.

I have seen other vehicles with similar conversions done too, but they were all pre-90s

·
Registered
nissan y61
4,788 Posts
Not yet but the way Philippines is going and all the OFW's returning from years of saving every cent it's just a matter of time. It seem the rich kids have purchased every Ferrari GT money can buy. They all sit down town sipping coffee with sexy tall girls in mini skirts. It's like real life version of the fast & furious.

I think we've missed the gu chop shop thing and gone from rice farmers to property tycoons in less 10 years and pimp and bling high end ferraris and lambo's. I thought Dubai and Abu dhabi was hard core but these boys are different world. I must post some pictures. Hello kitty Ferrari and HKS lambo's or decals who knows!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Great for deep bog holes.......not

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
nissan
875 Posts
Good spotlighting rig - even with the 75 series style fold down windscreen

·
Premium Member
nissan
5,279 Posts
The only one I've seen here that even comes close is one we had to cut the roof off with the jaws of life to get the occupants out safely after a good roll over. Definitely wasn't as neat a job as this though.

I like the fold down windscreen. That would be handy for a bit of roo shooting here. Not sure if plastic bags over the seats would do much over here. You would need everything including the occupants covered in plastic to keep the mud, dust, sand, etc, at bay, as I can't see much evidence of a fold out roof or windows for that matter. Maybe this was an added option they couldn't afford. LOL. Then again if it gets dirty they could just order another.

In short, apart from the fold down windscreen this customization is impractical over here which is why we don't see them.

·
Premium Member
nissan
5,279 Posts
Sorry but the more I look at these pictures the more I laugh at its practicality and legality over here. Imaging what you would see out the rear vision mirror with those two roll bars. Sweet FA I would imagine. Not to mention where are the seat belts?

·
Registered
nissan
557 Posts
Interesting car, I've seen a couple of others like that in Dubai. That ones got the new spare wheel cover which is in line with the safari badges for a new model, but the rear light fittings are much older. Mine's a 2011 and the rear light cluster surround has a pink tinge to it. The 2012 and later models have a dark grey surround.

Franky, not a lot of people use seat belts here. It's a big problem. I often see cars full of kids that are swarming all over the place. I've even seen them standing on the seats and hanging out of the sunroof on cars doing 80 - 100 km/h

·
Registered
nissan y61
4,788 Posts
Rear lights. Mine had green color center light on my 2014 and pinky red on 2012.

·
Registered
nissan/patrol
3,663 Posts
Interesting car, I've seen a couple of others like that in Dubai. That ones got the new spare wheel cover which is in line with the safari badges for a new model, but the rear light fittings are much older. Mine's a 2011 and the rear light cluster surround has a pink tinge to it. The 2012 and later models have a dark grey surround.

Franky, not a lot of people use seat belts here. It's a big problem. I often see cars full of kids that are swarming all over the place. I've even seen them standing on the seats and hanging out of the sunroof on cars doing 80 - 100 km/h
If you get caught not wearing a seatbelt here is a hefty fine for the driver and one for the occupant. Not sure if you loose points on your license too. A conversion like this would only be for show purposes and would get towed to each show. And without having a roof in VIC would see you some days have sun, rain and hail and the interior would be wrecked in a week.

·
Registered
nissan
557 Posts
It's not for show purposes I saw another one today - gold colour, on the way back from Big red towards Dubai. Nice.
Last year, three Emiratis, wanted to swap their convertible GU for mine on National Day. I'd broken the exhaust pipe apart from the headers and it was LOUD. Painfully LOUD.
They wanted it to go cruising on Jumeirah Beach Road.
I have to say - I was tempted, but I couldn't have a car that would be so impractical in the summer.

·
4x4 Addiction
nissan
9,534 Posts
Would be too hot for me.

Love my aircon in the heat.

In colder area it would fine.

·
Registered
Nissan patrol gq
751 Posts
I can imagine all the bull dust you would get while following a road train in the outback, than comes the nasty flash storms LOL

·
Registered
nissan GU iv 2006
1,717 Posts
The only one I've seen here that even comes close is one we had to cut the roof off with the jaws of life to get the occupants out safely after a good roll over. Definitely wasn't as neat a job as this though.

LOL did one on a night shift a coulple of weeks ago, bloke wasn't impressed;)

·
Registered
nissan
36 Posts
Not keen on it my self, especially around the windscreen frame looks like they've just bolted on a hinged windscreen off a cruiser and said she'll be right mate.But this mod in an extra cab ute ( with a roof )looks tops, just my opinion though.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts