Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
gday all im in the process of putting new suspension under my 02 4.2td ute coil/coil
Iv decided on dobinson all round im wanting to know what coil rates are available all i can find on them is light/medium/heavy does anyone know how these weigh up as far as. eg: constant 100kg to GMV or 200kg to 500kg this type scale is alot easier to work out but cant seem to find anything on the dobinsons.

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
We have lots of different Dobinsons part numbers for the Patrol. Either give me a call. Shane on 1300 048 991 or specify what lift you want, engine type, accessories, load you usually have and want it set up for so I can be more specific for you.

We sometimes recommend coils that Dobinsons carry but are not in the catalogue or not in there under your vehicle. We have also had custom coils made up when we see a gap in their part numbers. There are flexy coils to consider also.

Cheers
Shane

·
BORDERTREK 4X4 & FABRICATION
8,549 Posts
gday all im in the process of putting new suspension under my 02 4.2td ute coil/coil
Iv decided on dobinson all round im wanting to know what coil rates are available all i can find on them is light/medium/heavy does anyone know how these weigh up as far as. eg: constant 100kg to GMV or 200kg to 500kg this type scale is alot easier to work out but cant seem to find anything on the dobinsons.
Hey mate, forget about light, medium, heavy etc. They're just a guide for consumers in general. There are a lot more than 3 ratings of springs on the market, more correctly expressed in terms of a spring rate in pounds per inch.
just add up the weight of any fixed accessories/extra's you have (always in/on car), separately for both front and rear.
Then estimate the extra weight over the unladen weight you would carry when fully loaded including weight of a trailer/van/boat on the tow ball. That would help in choosing the correct spring rates.
Choosing a spring rate to suit only the extra weight of the extra's that are always on there would be too soft when you're fully loaded up but spring rates to suit fully loaded would be very rough when unloaded up so a spring rate somewhere in between is usually a good compromise.
Feel free to give us a ring at Bordertrek anyway. We're just over the border in SA.
Cheers

1 - 4 of 4 Posts