Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
nissan patrol 2.8td gu st
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has any one bought these shocks standard height front only dobinson c45-140 coil springs and gs45-114 shock absorbers they where the cheapest quality product i could find, i haven't put em on yet, i just want some feed back if possible please..

·
BORDERTREK 4X4 & FABRICATION
8,549 Posts
Sold a few Dobi sets but not std height. 2" or more. No problems with them. Shocks may rub drop arms on front, and coils and bump stop plates on the diff on the rear. Notching and relieving fixes it. Shouldn't be a problem on std to small lifts though.
Running Dobi's shocks myself, a bit firm but good when loaded up, so far so good.

·
Registered
Nissan
260 Posts
I sell and fit a lot of Dobinsons products and have found them to be good value for money, good customer service and on the rare occasion of a warranty issue it is always swiftly dealt with.

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
I also sell a lot with very few issues. That particular shock part number is a bit on the firm side though, I would have asked for GS51-116. This shocks is slightly longer but a little softer. I prefer our shocks though but the Dobinsons are a close 2nd. Better then EFS, OME etc.

·
Registered
nissan patrol 2.8td gu st
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
cool thanks for the replys,,, they where close by to me convient and saved 200 bucks comparing to pedders quote i wanted 2 inch lift still same price for standard, couldnt afford a set for the back but the back set are in good condition monroes with poly's as for the front they where still original shocks n springs and needing replacing desperatly so i weighed up on how much i go 4wdriving not much just touring fishing n camping so hopefully ive made right decision and doesnt bite me in the bum when the day comes when i needed the lift..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts