Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
G'day im getting lift kit soon for my TD42 GQ LWB and im just wondering which duty coils to go. I have steel bullbar with 180ltr long range tank in back which i never fill right up, also have very back seats out. And i never tow anything heavy.

I know ill get told by suspension place on what coils to get but i want your opinions so they don't end up sagging.

Cheers brent

·
Registered
Nissan
2,992 Posts
Hey, listen to the suspension guys, if ur springs never sag, they are too stiff and will be uncomfortable on corros and will be less likely to give u decent flex.
Up here I would recommend L&S suspension but any suspension shop will give u a good idea as to what your requirements are.

Also, when the time comes to replace springs, I bought dobinson front springs and all tools required to do the change over for around $300 so they arnt a huge expense

Obviously u can do what you like but that's just my 2c

·
Registered
nissan
708 Posts
mate, speak to shane at suspension stuff. he knows his stuff. i also highly recomend the flexi coils. they rock. admittedly my rear coils are to long due to a ordering mistake, but my 3" flexis are like slinkies. soon i am changing them to the ultra flexi's so that i can drop the rear height a bit, but still keep my shocks. and for off-road work, i dont reckon you can beat pro-comps. they are soft as. im running them, and no swaybars on my lwb, yes its like a boat on the road, but its a weapon off-road.

my 2c

cheers

jbates58

1 - 4 of 4 Posts