Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Nissan Patrol/Maverick
593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone else experienced Dobinsons shocks leaking in the last year? I've been told they overfilled them with oil. They have a two year warranty so I would like to find out what to do before the warranty expires. I have four of the same shocks and only one leaks which makes me wonder.

·
Registered
nissan
107 Posts
Get in contact with the place you bought them from for warranty, if you get no pleasure from them then approach Dobinsons direct, i've always got great pleasure from them regarding after sales service and warranty.

·
Registered
nissan
66 Posts
i know this is a old thread but ive got the exact same problem with my shocks as well and it appears to be just the one as well,my patrol is pretty much only used for towing and maybe a bit of beach work.i noticed a oil patch in my shed so crawled under her and there it was staring me in the face covered in oil..theyve onlydone probably 40,000k at the most and my two year warranty just ran out..pretty pissed off..really pissed off actually

·
Registered
Nissan
1,710 Posts
My rear passenger shock is leaking as well, less than a year old and not even 20,000kms, dosent seem to effect it tho. these shocks are no where as good as the old EFS elete shocks I had before hand, only got them because the gent from Dobbinsons gave them to me for a really cheap price.

·
Registered
Nissan Patrol/Maverick
593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
My rear passenger shock is leaking as well, less than a year old and not even 20,000kms, dosent seem to effect it tho. these shocks are no where as good as the old EFS elete shocks I had before hand, only got them because the gent from Dobbinsons gave them to me for a really cheap price.

They replaced mine under warranty. Haven't had any problems since. Mine worked fine even after the leak.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts