Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a zd30. my oil light is on at idle but will go out over 1200 rpm. have changed both the left and right pressure switches and tried a new oil pressure resistor unit (front right kick panel). Had pressure checked and its fine - any ideas???

·
Go Hard or Go Home
3,197 Posts
Hi Patrol04 and welcome to the Patrol forum.

Have you thought of putting an oil gauge on it to see what the actual oil presssure is?

You may have a faulty oil pump which does not provide enough pressure at low rpms?

·
Registered
nissan
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi helmsy,

Thanks for that - yeah had it checked and it was fine. Just trying to nut out why the light is still coming on.

Cheers

·
Registered
nissan
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
would just like to ad - did a service yesterday when taking the oil filler cap off there was a bit of blow - and oil was spraying out only very lightly but enough to hit the side of the car.... it sounds major i know but there is absolutely nothing else wrong with the car - it runs like a dream starts well and isnt blowing smoke - any ideas???? we were thinking rings - the cars only done 170000 but it doesnt seem to have any of the other things that go with busted rings.

·
Go Hard or Go Home
3,197 Posts
would just like to ad - did a service yesterday when taking the oil filler cap off there was a bit of blow - and oil was spraying out only very lightly but enough to hit the side of the car.... it sounds major i know but there is absolutely nothing else wrong with the car - it runs like a dream starts well and isnt blowing smoke - any ideas???? we were thinking rings - the cars only done 170000 but it doesnt seem to have any of the other things that go with busted rings.
You cant run the motor with the oil filler cap off, the timing chain when turning will throw the oil out the filler hole.

Not an issue mate. Infact I think that almost every 3ltr owner has done it, including myself!

If your worried about compression, get it tested and see what the compression readings are.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts