Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Patrol 2.8 TD
nissan patrol
1,640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just got my truck back from ARB. I had 4 nitro charger sports shocks fitted and and ome damper.

Drives like a dream and my steering wobble is gone.

The guy went on to say this:

Bob, your truck was lifted before. Who ever owned it before you lifted it then put the old springs back when he sold it. I asked how he knew and he said, whoever owned it had a castor kit installed.

It changes the angle of your diff (to which im like ????)

He goes on to say, my damper was totally cactus (which i knew) and to totally correct all steering issues he said i need to either remove the castor kit or install 2 inch lift coils.

Now before people jump the gun here, he wasn't out for a sale as Ive already told him, i want king springs, they only stock ome springs and he knew i was going elsewhere to get the coils done.

So what does he said make sense?

I was getting the coils done anyway, and i wasn't going to lift it, but if the castors are already there, hey why not.

Thoughts anyone?

·
Registered
2,569 Posts
As long as your shocks are long enough, then go for it. Did he say how many degrees the castor correction was? Is it bushes only or is it castor plates?

·
Patrol 2.8 TD
nissan patrol
1,640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
He didn't say, he just said i might as well get a 2' lift seeing as the castors are already in there.

·
Registered
Nissan Patrol GQ GU
1,299 Posts
If it has nylon caster correction bushes they will shag out eventually. He is right that the caster "correction" will be wrong if you have standard height springs as there is nothing to "Correct". you are likely to have an under steer problem i reckon, so a little slow or heavy in the steering with a return to centre bias.

You have 2 options
Option 1. put 2" springs in it.. Is there a reason why you were not planning on doing this?
Option 2. Take out the caster correction bushes and replace with good Rubber ones that will see you do 300K+ and run the standard height springs in a King as planned.

You should not DO NOTHING though.

·
Patrol 2.8 TD
nissan patrol
1,640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
oh bugger that, i don't go near suspension.

Why didn't i want a lift? I just like the ride height how it is now, although Ive been told it's a lot smoother with my head 2 inches closer to god. Also Ive recently learned i cant ram 35 inches of rubber under the guards without a 2' lift.

So 2' it is.

Thanks for info guvner

·
Registered
Nissan
1,671 Posts
oh bugger that, i don't go near suspension.

Why didn't i want a lift? I just like the ride height how it is now, although Ive been told it's a lot smoother with my head 2 inches closer to god. Also Ive recently learned i cant ram 35 inches of rubber under the guards without a 2' lift.

So 2' it is.

Thanks for info guvner
Tonka, as per the last offer mate give me a yell. I just did mine with 2". Piece of piss.
Cheers
Troy

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
Bob, your truck was lifted before. Who ever owned it before you lifted it then put the old springs back when he sold it. I asked how he knew and he said, whoever owned it had a castor kit installed.
Well you said on the 'tell him he's dreaming thread' that you prefer to buy one standard..........he almost put it back to standard ;)

·
Patrol 2.8 TD
nissan patrol
1,640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
cox :)

I could take it or leave it, not that fussed fellas.

Troy, good luck this weekend with the chip matey

1 - 9 of 9 Posts