Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
nissan patrol gu
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I finally did it, after months of analyzing different brands, specs and price Tigerz won so went and purchased a Domin8r 12k winch, so it should arrive in 7 days...

question I asked the customer service dude was will this fit straight onto a GU factory winch bar and was advised YES, if it is a winch bar which I checked with Nissan..

Going through some other forums it has said that there might be mods needed such as turning the control box on the winch 180 deg and possibly others..

Has anyone fitted this Domin8r to a factory Nissan bar "F2210-VD010AU"? or will there be mods needed?

Thanks

·
Registered
nissan
2,771 Posts
I fitted an earlier Tigerz winch to my factory bar (2010)

I had to open the winch and turn it a bit so the engage lever would align to the correct position, and I wanted it on the passenger side, so had to "flip" the winch as well.

Then had to swap the forward/reverse cables so the drum would turn the correct way when the switch was pressed in/out.

Sounds complicated, but was easy.

Reactions: p8ence

·
LED ZEPPELIN
1995 GQ TD42 NA
12,022 Posts
^ Me too, with a T11 winch to a 2010 ARB Deluxe bar. Once it's all in front of you it is pretty straightforward, but don't hesitate to ask if you hit any curly ones, better to ask than to stuff things up! I also needed longer bolts than T11 supplied for the actual hawse/bar/winch fitment. Not sure if that is just an ARB thing.

·
Registered
nissan patrol gu
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Guys, can't wait till i get this and surprise the boss lady haha...

·
Registered
nissan
2,771 Posts
Let us know how you go, now that you've spent her new dress money on a winch. If you can still drive a keyboard :)

·
Registered
3,472 Posts
I don't know whether a 12000lb Domin8r winch will have the same issues in fitting as a 12000 Runva, which I've fitted to my factory bar. I had to remake mounting brackets to get it across enough and really it's not a perfect fit but neh....

·
Registered
nissan patrol gu
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Got excited

Yep got excited today when Toll knocked on the door.. Thinking geez thats quick service. Too good to be true, got the free pliers as a priority delivery... FANTASTIC!!!!!!

·
Registered
nissan
190 Posts
I fitted the Domin8r up to my factory winch bar, went in nicely.
Only thing I changed was I cut off the angled plate for the control box and drilled some new mounting holes in the bottom so it could be flush mounted

·
Registered
nissan patrol gu
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Only thing I changed was I cut off the angled plate for the control box and drilled some new mounting holes in the bottom so it could be flush mounted
Hi mate..

Spose u never took any pics? Pretty much doing the same, but i cut the plate to move it up as the rope was rubbing on the bash plate.. Up to drilling extra holes now but my drill bit broke...

·
Registered
nissan
190 Posts
Nah mate, I just went for it, didn't even think about photos at the time. Always too late by the time the camera comes out, I'll post some photos soo to show what it ended up looking like

·
Registered
nissan
190 Posts
Rossko, I've had mine submerged in water and mud a few time and it hasn't let me down so far, I don't think you can go wrong for the price you pay, my 2c

·
Registered
nissan
5 Posts
G'Day X8Doom8X,
Any chance you are able to throw a few pics of the end result up? Im about to fit my new toy but dont want to reinvent the wheel if yours looks great and what im after.

Thanks in advance :)

Cheers
Burgz

1 - 13 of 13 Posts