Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
After Monday and Tuesday, even the calender says W
06 Td42ti cab chassis
15,343 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any one using the new kings 9" Domminator xtreme driving lights and what are your thoughts?
How do they compare to the earlier 9" kings lights?

·
Registered
GQ Dual Cab. TD42Ti with fruit.
4,655 Posts
All these cheap LED lights use way too much power for my liking. Take a big chunk of your alternators output. About 32 amps from memory, at 12v, not 14v or whatever some of them use. That is a lot. My alternator is only 90 amps!!!

·
Registered
4,655 Posts
As a comparison, my HID's draw 9.2 amps at 12v.

·
Registered
4x4nissan
65 Posts
All these cheap LED lights use way too much power for my liking. Take a big chunk of your alternators output. About 32 amps from memory, at 12v, not 14v or whatever some of them use. That is a lot. My alternator is only 90 amps!!!
Disagree mate, my kings 40 inch light bar draws about 9.2amps

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
06 Td42ti cab chassis
15,343 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
1 lux at 1,380 m is very impresive..Even more so for $170.00..
Im surprised someone isnt using them :unsure:

·
Registered
2018 Mazda BT50 Dual cab
9,797 Posts
I have the old ones with the Osram led’s. I’m happy with them, could do with a bit more distance but 90% happy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
That’s better than my ARB intensity’s. They don’t shoot anywhere near that far.

I have been thinking about putting my Hella 4000 converted Hid’s on. As I still miss the extra distance.

·
06 Td42ti cab chassis
15,343 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes..I had a set of Narva bull lamps on my old wagon that I converted to hid and they shone a mile..
Atm I Have the older 9" kings lights but I was just chasing a bit more distance..

·
Registered
2018 Mazda BT50 Dual cab
9,797 Posts
Best combo I had on the Patrol was a light bar and the genuine Nissan spotties with individual switches

·
06 Td42ti cab chassis
15,343 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Best combo I had on the Patrol was a light bar and the genuine Nissan spotties with individual switches

Atm im running a 40" light bar on my load bar so I have plenty of spread either side but just after a bit more distance out yonder..
A bloke I work with has a set like yours YB and he thinks they are the pussy cats meow and the new ones are ment to be better again..

·
Registered
4,655 Posts
Disagree mate, my kings 40 inch light bar draws about 9.2amps

P = V x I, is the calculation used to work out such things.

These lights appear to be upgraded from when I Iast looked at them, and are now using new LED's which use less power. So that is good, but they do not specify the wattage of them which is dodgy.

Previously they used 5 watt LED's, these one's may be 3 watt. If that is the case, not as good as HID, but not as bad as the old ones.

·
Registered
4,655 Posts
According to the specs on the website it will be 19 amps at 12v. Better than 32 amps for the old ones for sure.

·
Premium Member
2016 CRD wagon
1,215 Posts
Any one using the new kings 9" Domminator xtreme driving lights and what are your thoughts?
How do they compare to the earlier 9" kings lights?
I had the earlier 9" kings LEDs. They were ok and pretty good bang for buck.
I upgraded to the new ones about a year ago. They are considerably brighter with greater distance and spread.
Draw backs I see with these lights is they are so damn bright, the reflection from road signs etc is almost unbearable. If your driving is mostly country this wont be an issue.
The other issue is when you dip your lights it's really hard to see!

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Reactions: Marko_SJ

·
Registered
4,655 Posts
I had the earlier 9" kings LEDs. They were ok and pretty good bang for buck.
I upgraded to the new ones about a year ago. They are considerably brighter with greater distance and spread.
Draw backs I see with these lights is they are so damn bright, the reflection from road signs etc is almost unbearable. If your driving is mostly country this wont be an issue.
The other issue is when you dip your lights it's really hard to s
Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
From memory they have quite a high Kelvin rating, a bit higher than ideal for road driving, with reflective road signs etc. This would be a factor.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts