Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Yep,seen it on fox. There are some very different people in this world! Seen one episode where they had a battle bus mounted with all sorts of firepower and they had a jeep that could scout ahead looking for any signs of trouble. Wtf!

·
Pass the Popcorn
Nissan Datsun Patrol
6,608 Posts
Saw this an had to laugh. They are some of Americas finest example on show!

·
Registered
nissan y61
4,788 Posts
Do not forget the guns and ammo that these people need to fend off the zombies or aliens. Did you see it last year when the prep dude shot himself in his own foot when shooting a targets in front of the camera crew. There he was with all the gear on looking like SWAT team charlie and then screaming for a medic. I had a little smile at that one.

If were at that point in life and world order has crashed does he really think a medic will be on the phone. He and his family need less of the guns and more on first aid.

·
Registered
9,687 Posts
There was a few photos on the forum last year or two of a bloke with a Cruiser ute that has it fortified, had forward looking radar/sonar, night vision, infra red sensors and super long range tanks for when the zombies invade or something.

·
Registered
5,843 Posts
I used to have to do regular pandemic influenza preparation and awareness training where I used to work. They used to talk about what's going to happen when 1/4 of the workforce is too sick to come to work, 1/4 of the workforce can't come to work because they have to stay home and care for some one who's sick ( hospitals won't be able to cope ) and of those that are left only the ones who aren't too afraid to come to work or don't have to stay home and care for their kids because daycare schools and universities have been closed will come to work. Who's going to sell you fuel, groceries, keep the power and water running and staff the bottle shop?

For weeks afterwards I always bought extra tinned food, rice pasta etc. I never thought to buy more guns or ammo though.

Disease just isn't as sexy as a zombie apocalypse.

·
Registered
nissan y61
4,788 Posts
Did we have preppers in WW1 and WWII. In all the history books I have read I never seen this come up in any part of history of these era's. Most of these people live in country that has never had war on its own soil so were has this trend come from.

Do they not trust there own governments or are they part of some cult following. I was just reading a book on the plane that 30% all Americans have some sort of disorder due to PCB'S. At the time I reading about the effects of PCB's (Polychlorinated biphenyls) in the food chain.

·
Registered
nissan y61
4,788 Posts
sorry double posts

·
Registered
nissan
978 Posts
I find the show interesting. To see how people think the world is going to end. And how they are going to be the last ones alive. Most seem to go off on some sort of tangent, and expect they will be able to operate in isolation without the rest society.

·
Administrator
Y2KGUII ZD Wgn
48,864 Posts
This has been going on in some of the US southern states for years, they're experts at it and can stay down for years.

·
Registered
Nissan
6,063 Posts
I gave up watching that show on Foxtel last year after hearing "bug-out" for 1 millionth time!

Cheers

Justin

·
Registered
nissan
21,635 Posts
The slightly worrying thing about doomsday is that humankind now has the capacity to destroy the world with nuclear weapons. If the insane terrorist extremists ever get their hands on them they won't be afraid to use them. They know they'll be going to heaven in any case and the rest of the people on Earth can go to hell. Armageddon.

·
LED ZEPPELIN
1995 GQ TD42 NA
12,022 Posts
The book "The Road" by Cormac McCarthy is an interesting look at a Doomsday/Armageddon scenario - the film is good too. Both are pretty heavy going, the film is certainly not first date material.

·
Weekend Warrior
Nissan patrol
10,349 Posts
The book "The Road" by Cormac McCarthy is an interesting look at a Doomsday/Armageddon scenario - the film is good too. Both are pretty heavy going, the film is certainly not first date material.
Yeh I watched that, and wasnt really clear on what caused the earth to die like they depicted. Was it the man made cloud cover that stopped the sun shining through to allow photosynthesis etc etc?

·
Administrator
Y2KGUII ZD Wgn
48,864 Posts
I was working in Switzerland for a while in the early 90's and a colleague there invited me to his house for dinner, I met the family and they show me the house which included an underground self contained nuclear shelter, apparently there was a time in Switzerland when these were a part of the building code in some areas. Very nice layout with lots of food which they would rotate every 6 months, they were prepared and apparently so was the Govt (Zurich is surrounded by mountains so a ground attack isn't/wasn't a good plan, and they have a lot of military hardware inside the mountains that surround Zurich, marvelous place when you look around carefully).

·
Registered
nissan gu
1,988 Posts
ive watched the 1st half of season 1 and have season 2 waiting...

'murica!

did anyone see the episode where the guy blew off his own thumb in front of his own little kids. nek minnut the nat geo crew air lift him to the local hospital because hes passed out from the shock...

·
Rust is just natural weight reduction.
1986 SD33T SWB
11,049 Posts
1 - 20 of 22 Posts