Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
Nissan
1,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I juust spent the last 3 hrs retrimming my ****ty base model maverick front door trims with Aerpro Speaker Box Carpet in Grey. The main reason for doing this was to move the speakers to the bottom of the door so i dont skin my nuckles every time i wind the windows down, while the trims where of i also fitted aerpro sound deadening and new balley channel rubbers to stop the windows rattling. the sound deadening is basically the same as dynamatt and i have done my floor pan and it works well.
I brought some speaker mounts and new pioneer speakers and mounted them in the bottom corner of the doors. i recon it looks good.
let me know what u think.

I used an Orange can of "bodyshop headline and carpet adheasive" and it worked a blood treat to glue the carpet to the chipboard.

Attachments

·
Registered
GQ Dual Cab. TD42Ti with fruit.
5,264 Posts
Looks much better. My door trims look like your old ones!!!

·
Registered
nissan
502 Posts
dammit more ideas in my head. good job mate

·
Registered
nissan
628 Posts
nice. i think i might do the same thing but put a set of 3ways in the front. :) now to go shopping

·
Registered
Nissan
1,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Registered
Nissan
1,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
get onto bill thompson auto rubbers on the net 25 each i think

·
Registered
nissan
15 Posts
G'day mate looks nice, just wondering where you got those speaker pod thingos? As I recently bought 6" door speaker's for my patrol only to find they aren't thin enough to fit in the original position.
cheers
Jarrod

·
Elmo
Nissan
4,899 Posts
Mate top job!

I wish my GU doors were in as good as condition as yours are haha.

Keep up the good work champ.

·
Registered
2003 GU PATROL
20,348 Posts
Looks good mate, on the topic of the bailey channels, are they hard to replace? as i am about to open my door and back into a wall and rip the door off to stop the rattling... DRIVING ME f&*%^ING CRAZY!!!!!

·
Registered
Nissan
1,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Piece of cake to replace mate
10 mins a side

Speaker pods r aerpro brand
Auto bahn super cheap have them

Cheers

1 - 15 of 15 Posts