Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, My internal door opener is broken and needs a good replacing. While i have the door skins off i was planning on installing a central locking system to the front door!

Has anyone done this or heard of it been done?

Will its be as simple as locating the central locking motor to the door and connecting power or will the motor interfer with the window etc.

Any help is good
Cheers matt

·
Registered
nissan
95 Posts
Hey Matt if you go to your local jaycar they will have every thing you need for this, you can do 1-4 doors if you wanted to, when you mount the aculators just make sure that you have the conecting rod as straihgt as possiable as they work better that way and check your window clearance aswell, just follow the wiring diagram and you carn`t go wrong.
cheers Jase

·
Registered
2,328 Posts
yer they are universal, fit wherever you can. and as 4beeboy mentioned, just get it parallel with the rod, for best results. from memory, would probably be easiest to mount it vertically and attach it to the internal 'button' rod.

·
Registered
nissan
1,339 Posts
I bought my old girl with central remote installed, it even did the rear window 'til that lock crapped itself. Well worth it I reckon!

·
Registered
nissan
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cheers for the info fellas, it does sound as easy as i had thought.

Hopefully have it all in by today/tomorrow

·
The Prodigal Child Has Returned
nissan
7,289 Posts
yeah under 100 bucks , did it to mine wighty, found you have to mount the actuators for one of the doors pretty low down. but you only have fronts so it's half the battle won.
bit of a pain but it can be done and works great.

·
Registered
nissan
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
cheers Paul.

I bought a set of 4 for 70 bucks. all works fine, i just need to run the wires and connect it all tomorrow. Im pretty stoked haha

1 - 7 of 7 Posts