Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
g- day members ive just finished off my rb30 motor :( had oil in the radiator since last october and it gave out last week ive heard mixed comments about the vl motor will it fit given that the waterpump is different is there any thing else to be aware of and has any one done this??
Cheers puv

·
Registered
nissan patrol
30 Posts
hi, from what i know the water pumps are different from rb30s to rb30e and extractors off a vl dont fit the rb30s(well mine didnt,probs with air con pipes and engine mount)but they do now...i think most just put the fuel injection set up on.

·
Registered
2,713 Posts
differant sump set up, use your gq rb30 sump. Change the dippstick - I belive theres a drift that you can knock out

·
Registered
nissan patrol
24 Posts
gday mate, dont know if you went ahead with it but i bought a complete rb30 out of a skyline and pulled out mine from the patrol and sat them next to each other. what i had to do is swap the sump over, i got my mechanic to do this for me as he added a new dipstick cus from memory the skyline one has it in a wrong spot for the sump, you can push out another bung in the block but this was easier for me. i also have to change the oil pick up to match the sump, simple but just makin sure people dont forget about it. then i just changed everything over that was different. i think it was the thermostat housing, the engine mounts, clutch fan, flywheel ect. the pullys that were on for the ac ps and all the rest i just left, they fit and didnt need to be swapped so that was easy. for the time being i used a pod filter after the afm and that was more or less it. the wiring was the hardest bit, not hard to do, just confusing. i gave my auto elec a hundred bucks and he made it all work as if it was the standard loom for the skyline and that was it. oh, also i had to get a new fuel pump as the efi setup needs more fuel, i just went to autobarn and bought a walbro intank pump for 150 as per someone on this forum told me. also its good because its gets used as a lift pump when you decide to put a turbo on it down the track. well worth it swap

1 - 4 of 4 Posts