Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
nissan/gu patrol
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi guys

I want a set of rear drawers for the patrol,but after looking at uv4x4 i think i will have a go at making my own.Looked at the black widow and the outdoor models and they were both over the 3 grand mark which is way out of my league.Does anyone know where i can get good bearings and fridge slide from,i am in brisbane northside.

cheers

·
Registered
nissan
43 Posts
When I built the drawers in the back of my old dual cab Hilux I attempted to use the bearings from roller blades for the drawer runners (against advice from others). The bearings themselves are perfectly suited to the task but unless you have some precise way of drilling them into position it really doesn't work.

I ended up getting a set of Hettich drawer slides which were rated to 90kg at full extension. I think that they cost me around the $90 a pair mark at the time (hazy memory) but you can probably get them cheaper online somewhere.

Cheers, Heffers

·
Registered
nissan
11,174 Posts
look up findit industrial hardware. he sells all that kind of stuff and reasonably good prices but good gear. he is located on the gold coast but will post off. can get slides of any length or weight. think mine are about 200kg rated and 850 closed length. also full openers not 3/4 like some others. and are you looking to make the fridge slide with the draws or build rear storage area and then just bolt a fridge slide into it. as waeco, engel, arb and alot of others make fridge slides.

·
Registered
nissan/gu patrol
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
look up findit industrial hardware. he sells all that kind of stuff and reasonably good prices but good gear. he is located on the gold coast but will post off. can get slides of any length or weight. think mine are about 200kg rated and 850 closed length. also full openers not 3/4 like some others. and are you looking to make the fridge slide with the draws or build rear storage area and then just bolt a fridge slide into it. as waeco, engel, arb and alot of others make fridge slides.
thanks BeNos,i am looking at building twin drawers on one side and having the fridge slide on the other

·
Currently in PAD rehab
18,404 Posts
There is a place at Lonsdale (SA) which does HD roller slide things for cheap, i cant remember their name but if i do ill pop it up here..
These guys have them too

Hardware for kitchen, furniture, school , Hardware.net.au-Hardware Online

Or if you know an IT type person, get them to give you a set of slides from a server rack, those things are stainless steel and capable of holding big servers at full extension which will weigh more than any amount of beer you put in your draws.

I just used wood slides under mine - worked well fully loaded and the inherent resistance stops them sliding in and out, and the need for locks etc..

·
Registered
nissan patrol
2,144 Posts
dronus4x4, keep thinking mate. I am also interested in these runners.

Cheers.

Shane

·
Registered
nissan
30 Posts
Just a little off topic but what do you guys use to lube your bearings? Dry lube im thinking done a bit off beach work lately and there is the old gritty sand noise in the fridge runners
Cheers Russ

·
Registered
nissan
625 Posts
Just a little off topic but what do you guys use to lube your bearings? Dry lube im thinking done a bit off beach work lately and there is the old gritty sand noise in the fridge runners
Cheers Russ
Try some silicon spray.

·
Registered
nissan
73 Posts
I foundGraphite powder is the best lube for Drawers,doors etc,etc Its dry dont build up any Gunk on hinges

1 - 9 of 9 Posts