Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Rogue
nissan gu patrol
20,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gday All,

My A/C compressor is well and truely F'd. Its not a bearing, its the pulley thats bent and grinding on everything around it. I don't really use it so was wondering, has anyone got a smaller belt and bypassed the A/C pulley?

·
Part of the furniture around here
nissan
19,131 Posts
Is it the aircon pulley or the belt tensioner that's gone? If it's the belt tensioner, you can't really bypass it, as it's essential to keeping the belt tensioned. If it's the aircon pulley, you could possibly get a shorter belt made, but the new angles may effect the overall belt movement and tensioning. Best to get things fixed.

Cheers

Ray

·
Registered
226 Posts
Nissan sells the pulley and bearing together for about $120 I think.

10 minute job on the ZD30. Even if you're not using the A/C, at least the belt will run properly.

·
Rogue
nissan gu patrol
20,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

10 minute job on the ZD30. Even if you're not using the A/C, at least the belt will run properly.
Excellent, patrol-a-part wanted more for a whole compressor, with possibly a sht bearing?

·
Rogue
nissan gu patrol
20,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Uh, don't think so... try $570, thats what Lilydale Nissan want

·
Registered
226 Posts
Sorry, my bad.

Mate got that price when he called the local dealer, but his was a 4.8GU. Think they're a different wheel. Wouldn't have thought there'd be that much difference in price.

Wrecker might be the go.

·
Part of the furniture around here
nissan
19,131 Posts
I'd contact Nizzbits in the first instance, but I don't think that you have a choice about replacing the tensioner.

Cheers

Ray

·
Rogue
nissan gu patrol
20,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sorry Ray, tensioner is fine, replaced less than 5000km ago. Its just the AC pulley has taken a hit and bent.

·
Registered
3,017 Posts
Looking at the belt layout in the workshop manual you cant fit a smaller belt and leave the compressor out because of the other pully positions would not allow this

Regards Don

1 - 9 of 9 Posts