Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have recently noticed that my drivers door has "sagged " a little. The locking mech bits don't line up anymore, its like the door has dropped a little.

Are there any adjustments? does this often happen?

Cheers
Hayden

·
Registered
nissan
446 Posts
Check the top door hinge... Its probably worn and needs replacing. Open the door and grab the edge of it and try to lift it and check for movement.

·
Administrator
Y2KGUII ZD Wgn
48,510 Posts
I have recently noticed that my drivers door has "sagged " a little. The locking mech bits don't line up anymore, its like the door has dropped a little.

Are there any adjustments? does this often happen?

Cheers
Hayden
Happened on my passenger door a while back, all good now though. Yes there are adjustments, I was able to fix mine by adjusting the upper hinge, loosening off and raising the back of the door and thus sliding the hinge closer to the front of the vehicle, the hinge has a body sealant around it which has a fair amount of grip.

You can remove the inner guard cover and get at it that way or (as I did) get at it from the door opening, either way you will need something to support the door, I used my trolley jack and a bit of timber. The upper hinge is held in place by 2 x 12mm bolts, it is very fiddly to get at and you can only get about one flat at a time but time was not a problem for me hence doing it this way (I hate breaking plastic clips which can be a problem the other way).

Do yourself a favour if you do it the latter way tie the spanner to your wrist, this will save the embarrassing task of fishing the spanner out of the bottom of the guard.

When finished spray copious amount of lanolin into the back of the hinge to prevent rust where the sealant has been dislodged.

Double check whether the hinge has just worn out first though.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts