Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys! I'm sure this has been covered but I'm thinking of putting some LED Daytime Running Lights on the GU.

Mainly a safety factor (I work in Fleet and it is a proven accident mitigant).

I have a few LED Strips but I was just wondering, what's the easiest way to pick up the ignition circuit to power them?

Vehicle is a 2013 GU CRD

·
Administrator
Y2KGUII ZD Wgn
48,269 Posts
I bought mine from JayCar, fully automatic operation, easy as, they turn off when the headlights come on, and fully comply, I wrote it up in my build thread, model, where and how I cut them in and the wiring diagramme, if your interested look in my sig and I have an index in the first post. I love them I use my headlights all the time on long drives and the worst part is stopping for fuel or a cup of coffee and forgetting to turn them on, no worries now and they throw good light as well without being glaring to other drivers.

DTRL5.jpg

·
Registered
30 Posts
I bought mine from JayCar, fully automatic operation, easy as, they turn off when the headlights come on, and fully comply, I wrote it up in my build thread, model, where and how I cut them in and the wiring diagramme, if your interested look in my sig and I have an index in the first post. I love them I use my headlights all the time on long drives and the worst part is stopping for fuel or a cup of coffee and forgetting to turn them on, no worries now and they throw good light as well without being glaring to other drivers.

Im buggered if I can find that kit number anywhere. Any ideas? even a standard google search brings back nothing.

Also, Im just wondering, where does the wiring connected to pins 30, 85, and 87 on the relay go?

·
Administrator
Y2KGUII ZD Wgn
48,269 Posts
You don't need the relay, that is a compound set of instructions, with the other method the thing is self contained within the light, you only need a fuse.

Hmmmm, stop press, bad news, I just rang Danny my local JayCar man and JayCar don't do that one any more, sad, they look bloody good, they do this instead now, the way I understand it they self control as well, call into a JayCar and have a lookat them, Killerwasp did something similar a while ago, but he bought his on Ebay, it might give you some ideas to start with.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts