Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
1,087 Posts
I've been leaning towards a set of 4-5" Superflex arms for my SWB (4-5" lift), but the thread below made me start thinking of a combination of 4-5" Drop boxes + one standard superflex arm. So now I'm confused what setup to pick.
Any opinions/pros/cons would be appreciated.

thread - http://www.patrol4x4.com/forum/members-nissan-patrols-19/pccs-gq-patrol-32318/
In my opinion go with dropboxes & a superflex arm. The only downside is a slight loss of ground clearance, but no worse than any landcruiser
Obviously the right lenght shocks are important as well.
Cheers

·
Registered
nissan
1,087 Posts
The down side of drop arms is thefront geomemtry is not the same as std,
Some people prefer drop arms but they will never drive as well as dropboxes
Cheers

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Any inputs from those who run dropped superflex arms without drop boxes?

Just as an observation: the option with drop boxes + superflex arm seems have more travel than superflex arms have, so I wonder if this appears to be an overkill, say for SWB?

Does the lenght of a car matter or not?

·
4x4 Addiction
nissan
9,534 Posts
Any inputs from those who run dropped superflex arms without drop boxes?

Just as an observation: the option with drop boxes + superflex arm seems have more travel than superflex arms have, so I wonder if this appears to be an overkill, say for SWB?

Does the lenght of a car matter or not?
Yes it does, SWBs are harder to flex compared to a LWB because they have less weight and leverage.

I have never used brop boxes, I just have the superflex arms and am happy with them.

·
Registered
nissan
1,087 Posts
Yes it does, SWBs are harder to flex compared to a LWB because they have less weight and leverage.

I have never used brop boxes, I just have the superflex arms and am happy with them.

NICE FRONT DROOP. superflex arm at work with the right lenght shocks to suit.
The only basic difference between a pair of superflex arms & dropboxes with one superflex arm is the cost & having close to the original geometery.

Nothing wrong with superflex arms just a lot more dollars. Personal choice really.
Cheers

1 - 8 of 8 Posts