Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
1,089 Posts
I've been leaning towards a set of 4-5" Superflex arms for my SWB (4-5" lift), but the thread below made me start thinking of a combination of 4-5" Drop boxes + one standard superflex arm. So now I'm confused what setup to pick.
Any opinions/pros/cons would be appreciated.

thread - http://www.patrol4x4.com/forum/members-nissan-patrols-19/pccs-gq-patrol-32318/
In my opinion go with dropboxes & a superflex arm. The only downside is a slight loss of ground clearance, but no worse than any landcruiser
Obviously the right lenght shocks are important as well.
Cheers

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Any inputs from those who run dropped superflex arms without drop boxes?

Just as an observation: the option with drop boxes + superflex arm seems have more travel than superflex arms have, so I wonder if this appears to be an overkill, say for SWB?

Does the lenght of a car matter or not?

·
4x4 Addiction
nissan
9,534 Posts
Any inputs from those who run dropped superflex arms without drop boxes?

Just as an observation: the option with drop boxes + superflex arm seems have more travel than superflex arms have, so I wonder if this appears to be an overkill, say for SWB?

Does the lenght of a car matter or not?
Yes it does, SWBs are harder to flex compared to a LWB because they have less weight and leverage.

I have never used brop boxes, I just have the superflex arms and am happy with them.

·
Registered
nissan
1,089 Posts
Yes it does, SWBs are harder to flex compared to a LWB because they have less weight and leverage.

I have never used brop boxes, I just have the superflex arms and am happy with them.

NICE FRONT DROOP. superflex arm at work with the right lenght shocks to suit.
The only basic difference between a pair of superflex arms & dropboxes with one superflex arm is the cost & having close to the original geometery.

Nothing wrong with superflex arms just a lot more dollars. Personal choice really.
Cheers

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.