Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
Nissan
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
About 10 days ago I was caught in storms coming home, many times I'd come round a corner and there would be crazy water on road, was at night and visibility was crap all steamy and foggy was a nightmare. At one point I had to get out in just below the knee deep water and initially engage the hubs to go forward as water was running with great force over road, water never came in through door seals but up through the floor somehow.

I've had car open many days now during hot part of day, have removed the plastic trim at lower door jam and put object under carpet to allow air in however the white fiber sound and heat insulation is still soaking wet in the passenger foot well. I might try some bicarb soda to try pull it out and deodorizer but this is painfully slow, I guess the high humidity hasn't helped. Are there any tricks to this or ideas that can help?

·
just a good guy.
2009 gu ute
9,436 Posts
Yep take out seats and trim and strip all carpet and underfelt out and dry in the sun. Take a lifetime to dry in the vehicle and smelly too.

·
Registered
'14 Y61 ZD30 CRD M/T ST
2,531 Posts
Yep take out seats and trim and strip all carpet and underfelt out and dry in the sun. Take a lifetime to dry in the vehicle and smelly too.
^^^ What he said.

I've had two cars in my life that got water in them during massive downpours. The only way to get it dry is to take the carpet/mat and insulation out of the car and the quicker you do it, the better.

·
Registered
Nissan
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's only the footwell of the passenger side now but I will start that side and lift both layers and see if I can get it to seperate. Real nuisance isn't it, theres no smell since I realised the problem been airing it. Thanks will see how I go. Might find the hole where it came in and silicone it up too

·
Registered
'14 Y61 ZD30 CRD M/T ST
2,531 Posts
Pulling the carpet out is a lot easier than it seems. If you did it 10 days ago you would've had it dry and back in a long time ago already. At least with a Patrol you don't have to take e dash out like you do on some vehilces.

As long as there's some moisture in the vehicle it'll start smelling after a while unless if you leave the windows open for the foreseeable future, like until winter...

Just do it... ;) :sneaky:

·
Registered
All work done the hard way
496 Posts
It's only the footwell of the passenger side now but I will start that side and lift both layers and see if I can get it to seperate. Real nuisance isn't it, theres no smell since I realised the problem been airing it. Thanks will see how I go. Might find the hole where it came in and silicone it up too
When I pulled my carpet out I found more holes and grommets than I believed possible under there. All siliconed up now (y)

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Pull seats out. Remove sill covers.
Prop carpet up with some spanners . And then sit a fan heater to blow into the car.
Be warned. The spanners get very hot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts