1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
Nissan
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys

dts td05 16g won't hit full boost until 2500rpm

i just fitted the dts td05 16g and I think the gu td42t injector pump 11mm with boost compensator can't keep up with fuel down low. I've taken the two spacers out of the compensator and turned the fuel pin to max fuel for on boost fuel I can hit 18psi after 2600rpm and turned the "max fuel" /fuel pressure screw in 2.5 turns do you think I need a lift pump to help as I can't afford to rebuild it. Any thoughts? Should I turn the max fuel in anymore or turn the off boost screw in on top of the compensator?

Plz help Any suggestions??

·
Part of the furniture
nissan
4,563 Posts
electric fuel pump for sure.

the DTS turbos are chithouse for down low boost.

mine, i can get about 10psi at 2000rpm and 20psi at 3000rpm.
i have a bucket load of fuel going in and its a 10mm non compensated pump.

·
Registered
Nissan
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I thought the td05 16g was the ducks nuts for the TD42 I was expecting to get full boost by 2000-2100rpm so am I to assume that the TD05-16g doesn't hit full boost until 2500rpm unless you get it modified/hiflowed??

·
Registered
3,557 Posts
electric fuel pump for sure.

the DTS turbos are chithouse for down low boost.

mine, i can get about 10psi at 2000rpm and 20psi at 3000rpm.
i have a bucket load of fuel going in and its a 10mm non compensated pump.
With a 10mm pump its only a small bucket.

Sent from my GT-I9506 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
Nissan
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
so is it the DTS turbo or is it lack of fuel?? (I've got the 11mm pump with compensator)

·
Registered
3,557 Posts
so is it the DTS turbo or is it lack of fuel?? (I've got the 11mm pump with compensator)
Without knowing the specs of the turbo we would only be guessing, but less fuel would definitely not help. More fuel= more exhaust gas which will spin the turbo up quicker.

Sent from my GT-I9506 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
nissan
111 Posts
make it breathe, ive got that setup no boost gauge or anything atm as its how i bought it with a fresh 11mm compensated pump, tons of fuel down low as a lot of smoke but full power or boost not till a solid 2200rpm, its set at 16lb apparently,

i fitted a 4" flat panel box of radius last week with unifilter but still running **** snorkel untill i fit the new one and made a world of difference full power come on 200revs earlier and alot harder and has cleaned up the smoke from 1500+.

the easier you let any setup breathe its gonna spool with ease earlier

·
Premium Member
nissan patrol
3,946 Posts
So after messing around to buggery with the pump do you have any way of measuring weather the fuel is even increasing with your settings?

That aside.... the dts kit always makes full boost at 2500rpm regardless of the fueling settings.
The entire setup is just junk compared to any half decent kit from UFI or a garrett equivelant kit.
You have read that the td05-16G is the ducks guts (the ones that Matt makes at UFI)
And assumed that all td05-16g's are the same.

WIth the settings you have described for the pump you should be having clouds of smoke from 1000rpm all the way through to 4000rpm.

·
Registered
nissan
194 Posts
i am surprised that you guys cant get this turbo to spin with your enormous engines, i have the dts td05-16g turbo (which is actually a mitsubishi turbo(so not junk)) on my tiny 3litre engine and am making 18psi at 1800rpm.
maybe its not the turbo's that are bad, could be the engines ;)
serriously i have driven a few of the dts setups and have found them to be quite responsive, certainly better than what alot of you guys are reporting, could there possibly be a setup issue?

·
Registered
Nissan
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I've been told that the dts turbo is a td05 16g small. Which I thought spooled up early. I don't doubt matts UFI turbo's are the best in the business but being the 16g small thought was for down low boost yes ufis would spool early and deliver boost for longer I'm not doubting that but diesel tuner I think you just answered my question lack of fuel as no noticeable smoke and can only get my egts to 400 deg running 15psi. I'll add a lift pump to confirm as can't afford to rebuild pump atm.

So diesel tuner to your knowledge the std td05 16g small won't get full boost until 2500rpm no matter what I do?

·
Registered
nissan
171 Posts
Did u fit, time the pump yourself?
Have you had it checked. No point pouring fuel in at the wrong time.
Pulling shims out of compensator wont help pre boost fuel.
Just a guess, but this your first post contains alot of possible problem.

·
Registered
Nissan
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
My mates a diesel mechanic he checked/helped me fit it. Timing is correctly set at 0.7. I know pulling the shims doesn't help pre boost fuel but when it hits full boost the egts still only get to 400 deg. I get a puff of black smoke on take off and cleans up as soon as it starts boosting.

Not my first post but my problem is the lack of boost before 2000rpm still pulls hard but being a 16g small thought it would spool earlier.

·
Registered
nissan
171 Posts
No I meant the information given in first post left alot room for error.

Not trying be smart ass. Sometime everyone forgets start at beginning.

Just seem weird that with all fuel setting at max your egt so low n no change in behaviour.that all I trying say

·
Premium Member
nissan patrol
3,946 Posts
There is a zillion different specs of TD05-16G Small.
Compressor Wheel size is set by the 16G Small
Exhaust wheel size, can be many different sizes...
Compressor housing AR, many different sizes...
Exhaust Housing AR many different sizes...
So if there is say 5 different sizes for the ones ive listed + the one fixed size that gives ?? combinations.

Yeah you can get the things to spool quicker with loads of fuel and super advanced injection timing, but thats not how it should be...

Have you checked the pump inlet banjo bolt for a strainer?

·
Registered
Nissan
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Yeah I might have to contact dts (mtq sydney) and ask for the specs for there turbo I just thought someone on here would have the dts 16g and could advise me on there spool up

And yes the gauze filter is there I've cleaned it out and put it back in.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Yeah I might have to contact dts (mtq sydney) and ask for the specs for there turbo I just thought someone on here would have the dts 16g and could advise me on there spool up

And yes the gauze filter is there I've cleaned it out and put it back in.
10psi at 2000rpm with W/A cooler, 10mm pump, united tuned and shagged injectors.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts