Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so, looking at getting a winch soon as well as a dual battery setup with isolator and have a few questions!

Looking at a Runva 11xp, solenoid is rated to 12v/600a. Does that mean that my dual battery isolator also needs to be burst rated to 600a? I haven't seen all that many that are.

Also, once I do get dual batteries and an isolator, how hard would it be to rewire interior lighting/radio sort of things. Can I simply rewire these from the fuse panel to the new battery?

·
Registered
9,663 Posts
I posted somewhere some photos of my set up with high load rating boad battery master switch isolators on each battery to the winch.

Will see if I can search out the link again.

·
Registered
nissan
1,109 Posts
The winch goes on your main battery, not the second, so the dual battery isolator is irrelevant.

Rewiring should be pretty easy, just potentially a matter of lengthening cables and putting them on a new fuse box. I wouldn't bother with interior lighting or the radio unless you want to run them for hours.

·
Registered
nissan
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The winch goes on your main battery, not the second, so the dual battery isolator is irrelevant.

Rewiring should be pretty easy, just potentially a matter of lengthening cables and putting them on a new fuse box. I wouldn't bother with interior lighting or the radio unless you want to run them for hours.
Ah ok. For some reason, I figured if the isolator was charging both batteries, the winch would then draw power from both batteries? As they are 'linked' in a sense? And, if as you say that the isolator is irrelevant for winching, would a 140a continuous 300a peak isolator be sufficient? Biggest thing that would be run off aux battery would be a fridge, other than that just some LED's, maybe a floodlight out the back.

Yeah, I've got rear LED strip lights that come in handy when cooking etc, and love me some tunes when camping so would want to rewire all of those. The radio shouldn't be too hard, can just pull out dash and rewire from behind the radio, I'll just run a separate accessories switch for it as well - but I couldn't work out where I'd tap into the interior lights to rewire those.

·
Registered
9,663 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts