Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

Dual cab chop

4K views 39 replies 8 participants last post by  GQ bush man 
#1 · (Edited)
So I was going to do a as I go thing but I got distracted.
I started 2 weeks ago and now I'm just about to cut the rear window out and finish the paint on the cab. Any questions feel free to ask, there is a lot I've learned doing this that others miss or don't tell you about but it's pretty straight forward, would be he'll of a lot easier having a garage or doing it in a factory.
Tire Sky Hood Motor vehicle Wheel
Vehicle Hood Motor vehicle Car Automotive tire
Tire Wheel Sky Automotive tire Vehicle
Tire Wheel Building Vehicle Motor vehicle
Tire Wheel Plant Sky Vehicle
Sky Automotive tire Tire Motor vehicle Vehicle
Motor vehicle Automotive tire Hood Tread Wood
Sky Vehicle Tire Automotive tire Motor vehicle
Sky Cloud Hood Automotive tire Vehicle
Tire Automotive tire Hood Motor vehicle Wheel

See less See more
#28 ·
Biggest change i made to helping out with sheet metal was to run 0.6mm wire. But this is coming from a brick layer that has probably only put 50kg of wire through my mig in the last 10 years.
It is pretty much all i use now. My 180amp lincon is really only good upto 3mm so it suits my needs just fine.

#33 ·
I did a sneaky trip to the tip this morning to get a idea of the weight, I've been worried the whole time of going over the 2504kg which would mean another $220 a year at rego time but it came in at 2.44 tonne with me in it so take 85kg off it and its well under, so stoked now just have to get it engineered and time to build the proper tray/canopy build.

#39 ·
I'm in 2 minds on doing the new tray in raptor, I'm about 80% sure I'm going to spray the cab in it that paint I've used just scratches off so easy being only 1k and I've done my research on how to get a smooth finish that I'm after and keep the original metallic blue. But the tray would be black and apparently it's harder to get a nice smooth finish in black?

#40 ·
Rectangle Automotive exterior Paint Bumper Vehicle door
Automotive lighting Hood Window Automotive mirror Vehicle
Automotive tire Automotive lighting Bumper Automotive design Bag
found a couple of pics of a home chop job, a couple of weeks ago my inlaw wanted to go buy this gq. So bieng the family metal guy he thought he would get my advise i zoomed in to the pics from the add and this is what it looked like! Pics usually dont show alot but these geewizz!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.