Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hay all, i just picked up a 92 with rust around the rear windows and im looking at chopping it down, just after sum advise! is there any places around that make the rear wall???? should i use a ute back, this is what im leaning to but try and find one is the problem or do i cut and use the back of the wagon any info would be good Cheers geoff

·
Registered
nissan patrol
2,149 Posts
For a duel cab, its easyer to use the rear section of the wagon. then there lip where the doors shut onto becomes the lip for the window. If you use a Ute rear pannel the shape is differnt unless you do space cab. (the differance is where the flare comes out) there is heeps of threds on here about how to do it and lots of pics. try the search button at the top of the page :p. Good Luck

·
KICKEN BACK IN THE BUSH
nissan gq
4,690 Posts
Many threads,even look in the members section , theres a few in there as well
Even a step by step guide somewhere on here from some members as well
Ensure you know exactly what you want and what style of finish you want before beginning

·
Registered
nissan patrol gu
149 Posts
My Dual Cab Build

I just finished off my dual cab build, i have put up some pics on my thread as well, you can also check patrol_maverick and GRUBBIES MOBILE MECHANICS these guys are also building them and i got most of most ideas from patrol maverick

·
Registered
nissan patrol gu
149 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks for the advise, i just stripped the wagon and will be cutting ot down tomorrow, so hopfully the rain will pack up and f*#k right off, i'l post pic's

·
Registered
nissan
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
photos

Here's sum pics so far, i still have to weld up the roof section but its coming along pritty good

Attachments

·
Registered
nissan patrol
1,893 Posts
hay all, i just picked up a 92 with rust around the rear windows and im looking at chopping it down, just after sum advise! is there any places around that make the rear wall???? should i use a ute back, this is what im leaning to but try and find one is the problem or do i cut and use the back of the wagon any info would be good Cheers geoff
If you don't want it to look like the other duel cabs and want something a little more unique I have the rear end of my old duel cab along with the window and rubber if your interested. It was tubbed out as well to clear massive rubber. That was a brand new rear cab section out of a GQ and the window and rubber are also genuine Nissan.

Cheers Mick.

·
Registered
nissan
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
i think mate you should move up to north QLD and do my dual cab for me might be cheaper then repairing the bloody rear quarters lol
It's taken 2 1/2 day to get it to this stage, using 6mm round bar around the edges worked well, one side i only used it on the outside and it was **** house welding the wheel arches so i formed it around the wheel arches on the drivers side half the time to weld it, i used exhaust tube around to form the shape ( thanks DAZ for the photos)
as the rear of mine had real bad rust

·
Registered
nissan patrol
1,106 Posts
yeah one day im definitly going to attempt this job or just pay someone to do it lol
but for god knows how long iv always wanted a dual cab GQ
your progress in such a short itme has come along great will be good to see the final product when your done

1 - 18 of 18 Posts