Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
nissan patrol
1,540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need some ideas to finish my dual cab chop which I started last September. The exterior is basically finished, but I need some help with the roof lining.
I've done some searching and can't find what I'm after. Nobody's posted any interior picts.
Would people with dual cab GQ's mind posting some picts, I need some inspiration so I can finally finish it off.

Here's what I've got so far...

Attachments

·
Registered
209 Posts
This is how I finished off the inside of mine, using the original plastic's.

Along to top I messed up and cut the lining a bit short, It should pull down enough to be held down by the window rubber.

·
Registered
nissan patrol
321 Posts
carpet goes on the floor mate

·
Registered
nissan patrol gu
149 Posts
This as far as i have gone with mine for now.
I plan to cover some thin MDF in some grey felt i have to cover the structure and have some acoustic panels to go in behind for road/exhaust noise, i will probaly glue some of the felt around the window as well and was thinking of using the rest of the plastic trims to finish the corners.

The last 3 is were i got my ideas from, found these on google

Attachments

·
Registered
nissan patrol
1,540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'll have to fine the bracket so I can tie it back like Evo's.
Also a question for GutSquisher, Does anything hold your roof lining up apart from the roll cage?

·
Registered
209 Posts
I used the original crossbraces, that was all that was needed.

It was only after I put the cage in I found that I had misscalulated the length of the lining, before that it was held in place by the same glue as used to fix it around the doors.

·
Registered
31 Posts
having the same issues with my chop, I used carpet on the roof, came up pretty neat. Will put some pics up over the weekend, had issues with it sagging but pulled tight and roof console sorted out the problem

·
Registered
72 Posts
Here's a few pics of how I finished mine off, I just used the original plastics to do it plus some alloy on the back top piece, hope it helps

Cheers Mick....

·
Registered
3,955 Posts
I'd prime it and paint it grey once you work out what fits.
Or roll the roof lining around it. The underside is slightly lighter and glossy but would look okay.

Bloody PRM80s, see them everywhere. :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts