Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
was sick of my 1990 mav, has 95 model efi motor, had 146L long range fuel tank only getting me 650kms.. so i spent 4600 on a gas injection set up only to find out i only get 280kms out of 90 ltr gas tank... so i decided i want a 2nd gas tank.. anyone done this? dont care where it sits in the car any help?

·
Registered
Nissan GQ 95
44 Posts
got a 100l in the back behind the seat it fits wheel arch to wheel arch and about 300 high and a 125 under the car and get about 650 -700 out of it the top tank cam out of a holden statesman got a 125l tank only tested in November bolts up to old petrol mounts if you are interested but im in Canberra

·
Registered
262 Posts
i got a 2nd tank, large main one underneath, 2nd one in the back of the car.. fill lines are T'd together and connected to the one filler, supply lines go to a hydrostatic valve underneath which then runs a single line to the front.

·
Registered
nissan
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
willing to pay someone to put one in, theres plenty of tanks on ebay for about 100 bux and i seen those valves for 70 bux, will pay good $ for someone to help me out

·
Registered
nissan patrol
2,149 Posts
where are you?
If you use a hydrostatic valve, change the senders on the 2 tanks to 45ohm insted of 95 thatway the gauge reads the overall gas avalible.

I'd recomend setting it up at 2 seperate systems. then when one runs out there other is like a back up and you know exactly how far you have before you need to refil.

·
Registered
nissan
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
im in warby, vic, not very good with mechanics of gas lol

1 - 7 of 7 Posts