Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

Dumb Dog

785 views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  PaulnLou 
#1 ·
It was a nice sunny morning here but cool at about -5C. I decided to take the dogs for a walk on the Sumas River dike. When we got there it wasn't blowing at the 50k forecasted - more like 80k and feeling like -30C. But I decided on a quick walk anyways.

But Charlie found the one spot through the blackberry bushes and decided it was balmy enough for a swim. Sorry, no pic of that as I was to busy yelling to encourage him to get out as soon as possible. Amazingly, he was able to bust his way through the thinner ice until he found ice that would support his 105lbs and pull himself up on the ice.

Even after that, he tried two more times to go back in for a swim. Kita on the other hand was smart enough to stay dry. By the time we got back to the truck, Charlies coat was frozen on one side as if it had been jelled. The other side had been blow dried. ;)

See less See more
#3 ·
It was a nice sunny morning here but cool at about -5C. I decided to take the dogs for a walk on the Sumas River dike. When we got there it wasn't blowing at the 50k forecasted - more like 80k and feeling like -30C. But I decided on a quick walk anyways.

But Charlie found the one spot through the blackberry bushes and decided it was balmy enough for a swim. Sorry, no pic of that as I was to busy yelling to encourage him to get out as soon as possible. Amazingly, he was able to bust his way through the thinner ice until he found ice that would support his 105lbs and pull himself up on the ice.

Even after that, he tried two more times to go back in for a swim. Kita on the other hand was smart enough to stay dry. By the time we got back to the truck, Charlies coat was frozen on one side as if it had been jelled. The other side had been blow dried. ;)
i would say he has been "nutted", brave dog if he hasnt

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.