Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
naturally asthmatic
4,387 Posts
Try living right next to them. I swear that I cross the 49th parallel and the general IQ dives 50%. Hell most Canuks know more about the US geography and politic than the Yanks do. I guess if you are a mouse sleeping next to a bull, you better know the bull pretty well in order not to get trampled on. Still, like you, I am amazed at the stupid comments you hear coming from their media. The latest, is that the Canadian border is more of a security threat to the USA than the Mexican border. WTF? Has there been over 12,000,000 illegal immigrants enter the US from Canada? Has there been over 12,000 assassinations on the Canadian side of the border? Do Canadian drug cartels control all aspects of society on the Canadian border?

Want a pathetic but a good laugh, try this classic...

LiveLeak.com - TALKING TO AMERICANS Part 1 of 2 full version

·
Rogue
nissan gu patrol
20,220 Posts
bigbear, that should just be your signature. Americans are funny, they are delerious to everything.

·
naturally asthmatic
4,387 Posts
Yeh man have you seen this aswell? :roll:

YouTube - Chainlink extreme 4x4

I didn't say they were not innovative. They sure build some cool machines and that is one of them. But ask them about the world we live in and you will soon find out they know little beyond their own immediate geographical area.

I am also not saying they are not nice people. I enjoy shopping across the border: good prices and excellent service compared to most places in Canada. Even the people you meet while traveling there tend to be very open and friendly. But when it comes to the USA and the rest of the world, on the whole, there is still a lot to be desired in their attitude and understanding. It is sort of the way the Brits saw themselves and the rest of the colonies over 50 years ago.

·
Registered
636 Posts
Funny but.

Try living right next to them. I swear that I cross the 49th parallel and the general IQ dives 50%. Hell most Canuks know more about the US geography and politic than the Yanks do. I guess if you are a mouse sleeping next to a bull, you better know the bull pretty well in order not to get trampled on. Still, like you, I am amazed at the stupid comments you hear coming from their media. The latest, is that the Canadian border is more of a security threat to the USA than the Mexican border. WTF? Has there been over 12,000,000 illegal immigrants enter the US from Canada? Has there been over 12,000 assassinations on the Canadian side of the border? Do Canadian drug cartels control all aspects of society on the Canadian border?

Want a pathetic but a good laugh, try this classic...

LiveLeak.com - TALKING TO AMERICANS Part 1 of 2 full version
Funny that you should be reprimanding Americans about the position of a state in Australia whilst miss quoting the position of America ( they are south, not next to )

( All in good humour )
Cheers Gordo'

·
Rogue
nissan gu patrol
20,220 Posts
Funny that you should be reprimanding Americans about the position of a state in Australia whilst miss quoting the position of America ( they are south, not next to )

( All in good humour )
Cheers Gordo'
Define next to, it doesn't necessarily have to be East or West

·
naturally asthmatic
4,387 Posts

( All in good humour )
Cheers Gordo'
Gordo, the last I checked there are USA states to the North West, South and West of me unless they have quietly been giving back territory they bought or took. ;) I live about 3 kms from the border, so I'd consider that "next to". :cheers: M8

·
Registered
Nissan
341 Posts
bigbear, that should just be your signature. Americans are funny, they are delerious to everything.

Care to explain what this word means? Or what the whole sentence means???:rolleyes:

·
Autos are Superior
11,701 Posts
is there any other type of yank?

·
Administrator
Y2KGUII ZD Wgn
48,201 Posts
I didn't say they were not innovative. They sure build some cool machines and that is one of them. But ask them about the world we live in and you will soon find out they know little beyond their own immediate geographical area.

I am also not saying they are not nice people. I enjoy shopping across the border: good prices and excellent service compared to most places in Canada. Even the people you meet while traveling there tend to be very open and friendly. But when it comes to the USA and the rest of the world, on the whole, there is still a lot to be desired in their attitude and understanding. It is sort of the way the Brits saw themselves and the rest of the colonies over 50 years ago.
Absolutely nailed it John, but being so close (surrounded) that should be easy for you. During my 6 months project there I met some really great people, but the average person doesn't know what goes on in the next State let alone the next country, and I found that many admit to it and see it as a problem for the country as a whole, "foreign policy what foreign policy". Many admitted that Americans in general are self centered, which explains why no one else seems to matter.

We all know of the Grand Canyon, but I found very few people who had even heard of Ayers Rock/Uluru. The Opera house was totally unheard of.

But I reiterate, I met many nice people, whom I remain in contact with.

·
Rogue
nissan gu patrol
20,220 Posts
Care to explain what this word means? Or what the whole sentence means???:rolleyes:
Haha, blame the hands, they can't keep up with my brain and tend to do stupid things.

What I meant to say was, it is funny that Americans know nothing, other than what is on the McDonalds menu.

·
Registered
5,843 Posts
Cyclones, floods, fires, more floods and heat waves...

I wonder if mother aus is trying to wash of any oprah residue?

·
Premium Member
Triton n Lovin it.
26,086 Posts
The Yanks tend too go in all guns blazing and then think, oh maybe we shouldn't have done that!:idiot:c

·
Registered
nissan patrol gq
411 Posts
geeyoutoo; said:
The Opera house was totally unheard of.
That's because they they only know it as the Oprah house.

Some Americans are OK but as has been said most are completely ignorant to the fact that there is anything that exists outside of the bubble they live in. Most of them don't have a clue what's going on in their own country.

·
Administrator
Y2KGUII ZD Wgn
48,201 Posts
That's because they they only know it as the Oprah house.

Some Americans are OK but as has been said most are completely ignorant to the fact that there is anything that exists outside of the bubble they live in. Most of them don't have a clue what's going on in their own country.
When you travel for work like I have, sometimes people will ask are you are you American, now that is the last nationality (except maybe for French) that I would want to be called in some of these places and I say aloud, no not American I'm Australian, Australian I tell you.

Was sitting in a bar in Accra, Ghana, with some international project friends some years ago trying to blend in, and all of a sudden a voice screams out "I can hear an Australian, I just love Australians" this Yank comes charging around the bar gives me a bear hug and wouldn't leave. So much for blending in with a low profile.

But I still know some really good Americans.

·
Registered
nissan patrol GQ
8,025 Posts
I wouldn't be so quick to have a go at the yanks. some of the most embarassing ******s I've seen overseas are australian tourists.

they can be just as loud, just as offensive, just as boorish and obnoxious and just as ignorant as the stereotyped american tourist in shorts, hawaiin shirt and panama hat.

what is hysterical is that in my experience, a lot of those who complain about americans have never been outside of Oz anyway, or at least never gone to the end of their fuel tank in distance...

I've met far more decent americans than boorish hicks.

some of the commentary about americans is an extension of conrinuing urban myths. sure I found quite a few americans who were fat, and I couldn't stand eating their food, but geez louise, have some of you not been to westfields recently??

in my own experience, as soon as people found out where I was from they went out of their way to help, maybe naive on some things, but incredibly generous of spirit and genuinely friendly and helpful. (more so in the south and west)

there was a genuine absence of malice with all the americans I've worked with. Not a venal bone in their body. Those who have a superiority complex about "them and us" probably can't say the same.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts