Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
The Prodigal Child Has Returned
nissan
7,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok been onto Scotts rods, chasing a dump pipe flange, for the back of the old sd33t.

Now I know a td42 dump pipe fits with small mods so i know what flange I need, Now i have just got a email back from them saying
"Sounds like it’s the same as the 2.8L Nissan patrol. I will look into it today for you."

after telling them i want a ht 18 flange.

So sd33t is a ht15 4.2 is a ht18 whats a 2.8 one (benno)???????????

·
Registered
nissan
8,930 Posts
GQ 2.8 is a traditional T25 5 bolt flange

GU 2.8 is a 4 bolt GT15-GT22 flange.

·
nissan
7,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
so the sheila is barking up the wrong tree then??????

The orignal sd dump is 4 bolts but the is a blanking plate that covers the wastegate and can be removed making it 6 bolts. then according to pongo the 4.2 dump flange fits.

I just want a dump flange to suit. I have to get the old girl back on the road.

·
Registered
nissan
8,930 Posts
It certainly sounds like it. Personally Id just ring MTQ or send a PM to Landy.

·
nissan
7,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
might be the go. landy is hard to get hold of alot of the time.

Was told scotts rods where doing them for $15 but if the cant give me a price on postage and the part they must not want my business.

cheers For the help benno
have you got a number for mtq????

·
nissan
7,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
got a ute for you too mate. mazda b2600 roady, new tyres, petty/gas, 4wd . $2000 but thats in vic

·
Registered
551 Posts
Heres a pic of my Baudesert 3" dump to suit the factory 4.2 HT18 if it is any help. For anyone interested It is also for sale as it doesn't fit my new turbo.

Cheers

Simon

·
Registered
1,990 Posts
Peekaboo :p
Be careful with a dump for the HT18 as I am not sure how close it will come to the starter motor.

The dump we made for my GT28 only has 5-7mm between starter turbo and the same between turbo and chassis.

Now I know a td42 dump pipe fits with small mods so i know what flange I need, Now i have just got a email back from them saying
"Sounds like it’s the same as the 2.8L Nissan patrol. I will look into it today for you."

Sounds to me like they don't have a clue.
HT15/HT18 are the same flange type and nothing like the Garrett turbo on the GQ/GU RD28.

Shark made a custom dump for his HT15 - Maybe send him a PM for more info bro!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts