Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
928 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last i herd they had shelved this indefinatly. Anyone herd anything after that? I hope they get on ith i cause i'd love to do this conversion sometime in the future.

I'd love to do the 6.6 but i think the 4.5 would be way easier considering its designed to roughly physically the same size as a small block v8.

·
Autos are Superior
11,701 Posts
4.5 maybe easier (nobody will know until they see one and measure it) but will probably cost you double the price of the 6.6 being new, and maybe more sought after.

·
Registered
nissan
928 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
at first will cost more for sure.

i Read an article that stated it was designed to fit straight into any vehicle which that was already engineered for an LS series power plant. "Surposedly" there spost to be simular in physical size and dimentions.

But then again this is all here say as you said know one really knows until we see one.

·
Registered
127 Posts
I seen one

I have seen one!!!.
When i was in the states at the start of the year PPE had one sitting on the floor. And yes it is a LS size motor, thats why holden considered it for the utes here.

If and when they do release these i will be getting one for a Finke Desert Truck i recon!!!

Some info, GM Ponders Reviving 4.5-liter Duramax V-8 Diesel - PickupTrucks.com News

Cheers heath

·
Registered
3,955 Posts
If and when they do release these i will be getting one for a Finke Desert Truck i recon!!!
that makes 2 of us.
Working the numbers backwards for the rules 5.3 litres is the go. The supercharging correction factor is 1.36 for a diesel with a maximum capacity of 7.2 litres.... I have no idea why they have such an odd correction factor, I've more than doubled the standard TD42 power without too much trouble or touching the internals.

I haven't seen anything remotely available and durable with direct injection and 4 valves per cylinder about 5 litres. A de-stroked 6.6 maybe, but for that money you may as well stick a really healthy petrol crate motor in. Hopefully toyota brings out a 5 litre with really terrible manifolds and turbos.

·
Registered
nissan
928 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have seen one!!!.
When i was in the states at the start of the year PPE had one sitting on the floor. And yes it is a LS size motor.

Cheers heath
Heath, your the best to ask.

I'm thinking because you can already buy the bits to put an ls1 into gu's so it should be pretty easy to fit one of these up. am i in the ball park.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts