Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 661 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
536 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all
I have had a build underway for a while now but parts sourcing has taken a while. It is finally starting to be reassembled

Basic overview is:
2008 GU coil cab now with 220mm cab extension
Warmed up Duramax dyno'd at 2153nm and almost 700kw
Six speed Allison (trans & convertor kitted to 1000hp
PTO and hydraulic system (if I can make it fit)
Marks Adaptors revised Portals with shimmed rear and TJM front locker
Upgraded drive shafts and axles
Custom entire suspension replacement
Arctic flares
Suspension seats
Trick interior
Custom bar work and tray setup
Etc etc

Will add some pics tomorrow as I just realized they have been moved off my phone

940hp tune GTX4202R - YouTube

·
Registered
nissan
165 Posts
awesome! hope the portals handle the duramax when i talked to them about fitting them to my warmed over dmax they laughed at me haha. I saw your motor on danville's website a while ago marks tunes are top notch ;) sick build list anyways man keep it up

·
Registered
Nissan
532 Posts
I have had the privilege to see this weapon in person on Monday and all I can say is wow, Ewan is doing a sterling job on every part of the build and all I can say is I want one too :)

·
Registered
nissan
536 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Motor is built by SoCal and tuned via Heath from PID (not Marks). They are good for more power, this is a midrange "towing" package. Five tunes from economy to wild are switchable on the fly.
Factory convertor lockup is also inbuilt so it overcomes some auto issues on descent.
Marks have designed a strong package so I am hoping the weakest point will just be traction.

·
Registered
nissan
2,014 Posts
Sounds like my dream Patrol, will be watching this thread. Are you sure it's 700kw though, surely you mean horsepower.

·
Registered
nissan patrol
2,054 Posts
You're not the only one who's dream Patrol he just described!! Wow!

Definitely need some pics

Reactions: DamoG

·
"Toxic Personality"
nissan
8,959 Posts
Are you sure it's 700kw though, surely you mean horsepower.
940hp is 691kw.
but relax ladies. its an engine dyno. it will be around 580kw at the wheels when its in the car.

awesome build... but we have a saying here.... and if you want any sort of credibility here son you gotta live by the rules....

PICS OR IT DIDNT HAPPEN!

·
Registered
3,557 Posts
As a technical exercise I think its brilliant, but I just can't see a practical application for that much power in an off road vehicle. A 1000nm will have you towing any legal size trailer faster than the speed limit in any state in Australia.

Subscribed.

1 - 20 of 661 Posts