28 Posts
Wow! What a project. What a Build. Very, very nice. Well done! 👌

·
Registered
nissan
564 Posts
Discussion Starter #662
Gotta keep the dog comfortable

Squared the frame, checked clearances for components and added some extra gussets. Start removable sheeting inside with thin stainless for strength, shelving and to hide wires and hoses tomorrow.
Then sheet and trim outer ally and then take off again for paint

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
123 Posts
I hate when people are that talented makes my projects look like a 5 year old put them together. Awesome project, I would love to see it one day if I'm ever allowed to leave my state or suburb or even house.... Well done

·
Registered
9,496 Posts
Is that an Aircon for the dog? Does he get a swivel recliner chair and big flat screen TV for entertainment. Or just a window.

·
Registered
nissan
564 Posts
Discussion Starter #665
Yes aircon for dog and a temp sensor that will provide in cab warnings if parameters are exceeded.
Hopefully only one more week left on canopy and then off for paint

·
Registered
nissan patrol
2,958 Posts
Really looking forward to the completed build on this project Suspect you are biting at the bit to get it on the road

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

·
Y61=WIN
nissan
3,003 Posts
Hi Harty
You have misread my post :) To do it again I would make a chassis from scratch. Then you can comply the vehicle as an ICV (Independently Constructed Vehicle) It could then be WILDER and you write your own specification as the vehicle manufacturer as long as it meets the overarching rules. ie you could still fit a Patrol cab but run 40" tyres if you can pass lane change and brake tests
Good stuff mate 👍

there are a few rules, the ADRs have stuff around max widths and lengths, plus there is more specific ADRs with say height of headlights within general dimensions compliance requirements

ontop of ADRs, with ICVs you need to pass certain tests line torsional rigidity of the chassis. If it took my interest I could offer to help here, if it suited us both I could do finite element analysis to confirm you’d pass and generally could probably help around keeping it light and so on.

anyway good stuff, hope it gives you allot of joy and good memories

·
Registered
nissan
564 Posts
Discussion Starter #669
Yes I agree there is a lot to consider and it is not for the feint hearted.
I have had an independent licensing approved engineer involved from the start. We approached the department and submitted the proposed mods for pre-approval.
I lucky enough to have an in house engineering team and some very gifted people involved.

·
Registered
nissan
564 Posts
Discussion Starter #672
The factory relays are still in place along with NOS solenoids under the drivers side dress panel.
Relocating the battery and no ABS help to clean it all up

·
Registered
GQ Dual Cab. TD42Ti with fruit.
4,812 Posts
Did I read that correctly??????? You have a nitrous oxide system????

EDIT: Let's be clear - not that there is anything wrong with that! :cool:

·
Registered
Nissan
126 Posts
Ewan,
what are the dimensions of the Gas Bottle, and its capacity?

I need to replace the one in my car, and want a slightly larger capacity

·
Registered
nissan
564 Posts
Discussion Starter #675
The NOS is more for **** factor because it can’t or shouldn’t be done
It is just a single 100hp nozzle which will cut off as turbo boost comes on. (Might cut black smoke a bit)
Purge port is up through the Nissan badge in the front grille
Once the overhead console is finished the bottle will only be visible when I choose to backlight it.

661 - 680 of 706 Posts