Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

701 - 706 of 706 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
435 Posts
Nice Rims but i am now totally confused 5 stud rims??
It is my understanding that the portal use the cruise hubs and brake setup as it is able to be engineered to a higher GVM. I looked into the Marks kit a few back and just before I passed out from the price it advises that you need to supply your own 5 stud Cruiser wheels for the conversion

·
Registered
nissan
565 Posts
Discussion Starter #702
The portal axles run Toyota 200 series hubs and brakes.
My portals were supplied with some suitable wheels but they do not have the load rating to suit the maximum GVM that I am chasing.
The Hutchinson wheel have the load rating and obvious benefit of twin beadlock but they will increase trackwidth by about another 80mm (+180mm from standard Patrol)
We have remodelled the axles and chassis in 3D and are now making upgrades to the strengthening and preparing full engineering reports to submit licensing for hopefully pre-approval. Then to track for brake and swerve testing.

·
Registered
nissan
547 Posts
So it seems that I was right when I said that your tires would need replacing from old age before you ever got it on the road!

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
nissan gq
421 Posts
A while back I was looking at 20" hutchinsons for my 4x4 truck, very nice wheels no doubt and naturally nice price also. I think it was $12k for 4 wheels with michelin xzl tyres.

jim

·
Registered
nissan
565 Posts
Discussion Starter #705
I got 6 tyres delivered for $2040 AUD
Not sure on total rim cost yet because it was easier to get a US based business I deal with to get them for me. I think about $600 each delivered

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

701 - 706 of 706 Posts