Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
Nissan
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tried some of this stuff- someone might be interested in the results.
Essentially its just a layer of thick foil and about 4mm of soft sticky rubber.

Your meant to put it inside the doors as well-would be too much work so I just used the spray on sound deadener in the cavities.

Then stick this chit on the inside skin

floor was lots more work than it looked;

Chance to tidy up the wiring...

It's got to be stuck fast everywhere or the panel will still drum.
Started out being real careful...by the end I just put it roughly where required then attacked with a rubber mallet= same result

Overall I think it was worth it- I can hear the handsfree on the freeway now and generally have the radio a little lower. Hard to quantify as I started with a really loud truck to start with.
I put two layers over the transmission tunnel- very noticable drop in temperature on the freeway.

·
Registered
Nissan
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Mate, used 1 door kit ( 89 bucks) and two boot kits (150 each) got it a car stereo joint- might be cheaper places to get it or possibly online.

·
Registered
nissan
17 Posts
Liam66
Newbie here upgrading my 2005 GU TD4.2. Bought couple paks of the Dynamat knock-off from fleabay. Installed inside the door but I'm looking at the outer (inside) panel where the lock and door rods run. Did you put a non-stick backing around those 'tie-rods' ?

·
naturally asthmatic
4,387 Posts
I just used laminate underlay. It looks exactly the same a dynamat at about 1/10th the price.

·
Registered
Nissan
1,865 Posts
Husky
I did exactly what u r referring too to stop it sticking to the moving parts
I left the backing on the dynamat where things moved

·
Registered
nissan patrol
1,090 Posts
Are you fellas worried about getting any moisture under the matt and creating rust? That was the only reason that turned me off this stuff.
I ended up using air cell, that was left over from the shed build, used it on the floor only, and it works awsome i was shocked at the difference in sound. I thought the 12mm thick would be too thick, but fitted ok.

·
Registered
nissan
310 Posts
Chicken, The only moisture I've found is between the dynamat and the carpet, the underside of the dynamat is fairly well sealed so not much moisture should get under it. I'll show you next time I come round as these pics are of my ute. Luke.

·
Registered
nissan patrol
1,090 Posts
Chicken, The only moisture I've found is between the dynamat and the carpet, the underside of the dynamat is fairly well sealed so not much moisture should get under it. I'll show you next time I come round as these pics are of my ute. Luke.
I thought the colour looked familiar, sweet.

·
Registered
nissan
1 Posts
i did a bit of dynamat in my vc commodore all brought from ebay, shop around on ebay though as you can generally find auctions that you get the same product for a heavily reduced price, i got a score of 9 sheets of this stuff for $143, which the buy it now price for it was $250.. So there i got a score, like the original post i was careful at first but then attacked most of it with a rubber mallet to get it into place.. The difference was amazing, Less heat coming from the firewall and trans tunnel, radio was kept lower just to hear it.. i recommend anyone even possibly slightly thinking about it if you can afford it.. JUST DO IT!! easy as to install really.. :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts