Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
Nissan
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just wanted everyone's opinions on E Lockers... Good,bad any experiences??

·
Registered
nissan
978 Posts
Opinions again?! Heaps on here already. Unless you had any specific questions?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
Nissan
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Apologies guys, I have just been reading previous post and got most of my answers. The GU I'm about to buy has them installed on the front. What I can see from the previous post is that these are operated from a switch?? The owner of the vehicle has informed me this is an automatic thing and initiates when there is a loss of traction..free spinning ??? Is that correct... Doesn't sound right

·
Rogue
nissan gu patrol
20,231 Posts
That is not an e locker, that is an autolocker.

·
Master Coalroller
nissan
3,230 Posts
Apologies guys, I have just been reading previous post and got most of my answers. The GU I'm about to buy has them installed on the front. What I can see from the previous post is that these are operated from a switch?? The owner of the vehicle has informed me this is an automatic thing and initiates when there is a loss of traction..free spinning ??? Is that correct... Doesn't sound right
Better spend some time using the search at the top LHS corner and understanding what you're buying, otherwise you'll end up breaking something expensive.
Cheers

Attachments

·
Registered
nissan patrol
1,397 Posts
E-lockers are the shiz. Love mine,never had a problem.

·
Registered
Nissan
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thanks mate, i am new to all of this and only had advice from the owner which obviously had no idea what he had on his vehicle either. I thought the object of this post was for everyone... from novice to the professional to share and learn. Now i have a better understanding i can search what i need to know, thanks for all your advice

·
Registered
nissan patrol
699 Posts
As with most vehicle specific forums or groups there is already huge amounts of info that has already been covered and a lot of times has been covered seemingly to death. It always pays to have a quick search to see what's out there so as to avoid asking a question that may evoke some of these type of responses, also helps you gain an understanding of what the products are so you can refine your question a bit as opposed to the all and sundry scatter gun approach. Typically members react better to those that have at least tried to help themselves first.

·
Registered
nissan patrol gr
920 Posts
true, but if people do not repeat for the millionth time the same question, the forum would be boring and close to death.

we will only be answering the thread of "tittle songs"

CHeers

·
Master Coalroller
nissan
3,230 Posts
true, but if people do not repeat for the millionth time the same question, the forum would be boring and close to death.

we will only be answering the thread of "tittle songs"

CHeers
However, sometimes the poor incumbent needs to quickly learn how not to break his shiny newly purchased truck, by engaging the highly sought after Auto-ELocker-thingy that the generous PO installed for an enhanced driving experience.

Songs you say? He he
http://www.patrol4x4.com/forum/general-discussion-18/new-bestest-song-205666/

Cheers

·
Administrator
Y2KGUII ZD Wgn
48,864 Posts
Just wanted everyone's opinions on E Lockers... Good,bad any experiences??

DI archives Post 6. MANUALS & PAPERS - TRANSMISSION will answer just about all your questions on half a dozen types of slippery.

·
Registered
nissan patrol
699 Posts
An E-locker will have wires coming out of the diff housing

An air locker will have a small air line coming out of the diff housing

An auto locker when viewed from the outside looks exactly the same as the standard diff housing

·
Registered
nissan patrol 3.0CRD 2012
9 Posts
I have a 2012 3.0 CRD patrol with the factory rear e locker, and its great but just takes a while to engage and sometimes I need to reverse back and forward for it to engage. Just wondering if that's normal.

·
nissan
6,273 Posts
I have a 2012 3.0 CRD patrol with the factory rear e locker, and its great but just takes a while to engage and sometimes I need to reverse back and forward for it to engage. Just wondering if that's normal.
Sorry this is a pet hate if mine, factory lockers are NOT e-lockers.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts