Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
21,635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have not read a paper this week, nor have I listened to the radio. I haven't watched TV (can't be'cos it's been rooted since the Labor Party took my analog away.)

I haven't been off the block either ... in fact, I have done piss-all so far. Did manage to clean up all the garden waste but that was a kind of an 'I've got to do something' reflex.

Tomorrow I'm going to put up the hammock under the mango tree and try to discover whether it is actually possible to do less than nothing. I know a doley who is an expert at avoiding everything and I have studied her MO. She has no bills, does no work, doesn't do shopping, leaves everything at her arse and doesn't wear shoes (never goes anywhere.)

I don't think it'll work for me but I'm going to give it a bloody good shot.

At the very least it will be something different. I'll go the full-on bum and see if I achieve any enlightenment. Starting GOAK time now.

·
Registered
nissan
21,635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm not saying it will be easy. Even today I could not restrain myself from biffing a stuffed electric blanket in the bin (is there anything more worthless in life than a dead electric blanket?)

I just have to keep doing stuff and that's what I want to get a handle on. I need '
Mañana.'

·
Pass the Popcorn
Nissan Datsun Patrol
6,608 Posts
haha....best of luck on your endeavours! Im sure you will be fine.....until you run out of smokes!

·
The Googlest, Apparently!
nissan patrol
15,814 Posts
I have not read a paper this week, nor have I listened to the radio. I haven't watched TV (can't be'cos it's been rooted since the Labor Party took my analog away.)

I haven't been off the block either ... in fact, I have done piss-all so far. Did manage to clean up all the garden waste but that was a kind of an 'I've got to do something' reflex.

Tomorrow I'm going to put up the hammock under the mango tree and try to discover whether it is actually possible to do less than nothing. I know a doley who is an expert at avoiding everything and I have studied her MO. She has no bills, does no work, doesn't do shopping, leaves everything at her arse and doesn't wear shoes (never goes anywhere.)

I don't think it'll work for me but I'm going to give it a bloody good shot.

At the very least it will be something different. I'll go the full-on bum and see if I achieve any enlightenment. Starting GOAK time now.
The conundrum Esty is that those who avoid work, and anything that closely resembles work, actually have to work pretty hard at getting out of the work they want to avoid in the first place.

In truth, they will most likely find that if they actually did some work that it would be easier than the work they do getting out of doing any work...

Dole bludgers, no one ever said they were smart...

·
LED ZEPPELIN
1995 GQ TD42 NA
12,022 Posts
D-Day Esty, my take is that it's too good a day to sit around doing nothing... I departed for work at 6am as usual, and didn't even need to put a coat on.

Maybe you should defer to a day where it makes more sense to do zip. Like last Saturday when it rained all day.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts