Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, so ive got a TD42 Patrol, 89 series. Just recently changed the clutch in it, bled it, but my clutch gets easy when car is turned on. But it gets heavy when my car is turned off. Im not sure what's going, my gears are fine. It's just the clutch pedal! I was hoping to get some helpful answers from you guys! I would appreciate the help
TIA

·
Administrator
Y2KGUII ZD Wgn
48,194 Posts
Sounds like vacuum leaking badly. Will move you to general patrol discussion, this section is only for issues relating to forum software etc.

·
Registered
nissan gq
2,113 Posts
Hey guys, so ive got a TD42 Patrol, 89 series. Just recently changed the clutch in it, bled it, but my clutch gets easy when car is turned on. But it gets heavy when my car is turned off. Im not sure what's going, my gears are fine. It's just the clutch pedal! I was hoping to get some helpful answers from you guys! I would appreciate the help
TIA
Some patrols have vacuum assisted clutches,which work the same way as assisted brakes,the pedal is easy when there is vacuum and gets harder as the assist is used until you restart the engine.
Unless you work the clutch without the engine running,there should still be vacuum assist the next day before you start the engine.

·
Registered
nissan
11,119 Posts
normal operation. it has a vacuum booster on the clutch pedal. which only gives assistance when the vehicle is running. the vac tank is very small in a gq and runs out after 1 or 2 pumps.
id say everything is working as it should

·
Registered
1989 GQ TD42 wagon
2,623 Posts
normal operation. it has a vacuum booster on the clutch pedal. which only gives assistance when the vehicle is running. the vac tank is very small in a gq and runs out after 1 or 2 pumps.
id say everything is working as it should
I don't think there is a vacuum tank on the clutch booster. Only on the brake booster (and if fitted) the diff-lock.

·
Registered
nissan
11,119 Posts
I don't think there is a vacuum tank on the clutch booster. Only on the brake booster (and if fitted) the diff-lock.
it should all tee of the same tank. well my gq shortie did anyway. either way its going only to help when the trucks running.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts