1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
GU8 CRD
1,583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Eaton e-locker q's

Hey guys,

Been thinking about getting hold of one of these possibly, maybe. Seems a lot simpler then an air locker. I'm still tossing up whether a front or rear mount is the go.

Anyone using one that wants to share an opinion?

Also, anyone know the relevant part numbers for the GQ? Seems like now would be a good time to take advantage of the parity of the AUD.

Cheers

·
Registered
106 Posts
Mate I don't want to sound rude,but I don't think Eaton make Air Lockers, they do make detroit auto lockers,and I have 1 in the front of my GU and love it:driving:

·
Registered
GU8 CRD
1,583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Oops just realised I screwed up the thread title. Yes I did mean the e-locker. Thanks guys

·
Registered
nissan
395 Posts
E Locker.

Awesome Mate. I have one in the front of my GU, and love it. Simple and very effective with big strong companies behind it. Get the front first;)

·
Registered
nissan
44 Posts
The e-locker is available at OL. Harrop engineering develop it here for our Aussie models (Patrol, cruiser and so on) under license from Eaton. Most of us stick one in the nose first to still take advantage of the LSD in the rear.

·
Registered
nissan
38 Posts
I thought if you had lsd it stayed lsd unlike the air lockers could be wrong?

·
Registered
2,569 Posts
I thought if you had lsd it stayed lsd unlike the air lockers could be wrong?
I think Eaton in the USA HAVE developed an LSD that is also a locker, I remember seeing something about it somewhere that they showed it at SEMA in recent years (may even have been this year?) but doubt it would be for Patrol.

·
Registered
nissan
38 Posts
eaton do many types, they do have an electric lsd it is on the jeep dont know if harrop do that one or if they only do an open wheeler they dont have much info the one for the toyota is an open wheeler.

·
naturally asthmatic
4,396 Posts
The E locker is made by Harrop Engineering for the Nissan range ( Harrop Engineering Australia ). And if you have the decent Nissan LSD in the rear.. my choice would be go the front locker first..
I looked on their web site and all I saw was Toyota applications. Do you have a link or any idea of price on a front locker from them for a y60?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts