Registered
nissan gu patrol
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Administrator
Y2KGUII ZD Wgn
48,293 Posts
Always keep in the back of your mind, you get what you pay for, yes there are some cheap ones around, some the brackets fall off after a while and some rust, it depends what you want out of it in the long term and what you can afford.

·
LED ZEPPELIN
1995 GQ TD42 NA
12,022 Posts
Redback is a good quality brand, so if it's genuine it's a very good price. However I thought Redback only made 2.5" systems...

·
Registered
nissan patrol
547 Posts
I would be suspicious of the brand on this one and also if it had a cat(the pic is probably generic) its says Redback in the heading (not in the description)but that could be to show up when peeps type that in to find Redback systems. One way to find out is contact the seller.

Hmmmm I found a cracked bracket on my Xforce system yesterday to my embarrassment, But I didn't really class Xforce as a"cheapy charlie system", yes compared to beaudesert etc though.

·
Registered
nissan
171 Posts
G'day Patrolers,
Was trolling through fleabay last night and found a cheap, 3" high flow exhaust system for ZD30's (but they have them for 4.2's as well). They are getting good feedback so...

3"Mandrel Bent High Flow Exhaust System Patrol Redback Round RES Suit 3L WAG | eBay

Let me know what you think.
:cheers:
Shayne
I managed to find a second hand (6months old) Scott's rod exhaust on eBay for half the retail price. Fitted it about 3 weeks ago and all good. Just have a good look around you be amazed what you can find. Also gumtree is not to bad either for patrol parts.

·
Registered
nissan
4 Posts
I bought a redback exhaust 3 inch about 3 to 4 years ago off ebay and its been really good. Noticed difference as soon as I put it on. All the brackets lined up spot on. Was about $800 from memory.
Goodluck

·
Registered
nissan gu patrol
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guys,
I was a bit skeptical about the quality because of the price also but I know of Redback and have heard good things so??? I think I will, as suggested, contact the seller to confirm that they ARE redback and to check the warranty given to the item.
:cheers:
Shayne

·
Registered
963 Posts
I would be suspicious of the brand on this one and also if it had a cat(the pic is probably generic) its says Redback in the heading (not in the description)but that could be to show up when peeps type that in to find Redback systems. One way to find out is contact the seller.

Hmmmm I found a cracked bracket on my Xforce system yesterday to my embarrassment, But I didn't really class Xforce as a"cheapy charlie system", yes compared to beaudesert etc though.
xforce have some good stuff. and excellent prices.

can get 3" system for GU 4.2T for about $600, cant go wrong really.

Reactions: motomuzz
1 - 9 of 9 Posts