·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Rogue
nissan gu patrol
20,231 Posts
I got a set from this joint. They ended up being Depo headlights. Really happy with them.
torqindustries on eBay

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
How long you had them for?
What size globe u running?

·
Currently in PAD rehab
18,404 Posts
Are they damaged on the inside or out? I think you can get some rejuivinating polish for headlights...?

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Both Dronus, but mostly the reflector.

·
Currently in PAD rehab
18,404 Posts
My depo lights look wickid (imho)

·
Currently in PAD rehab
18,404 Posts
I have the Depo lights as well but with a set of Micks Projector retrofit Lexus HIDs.
I have micks projectors in mine too...those nice big 50mm ones.. dunno what shroud it is.

You forget how good they are until you have to drive a different car at night... tonight i was driving a VE omega and its lights were craaaaaaap.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yes Geoff, I double checked before and noticed it said left hand drive!! Lol.

I do like micks hid kits. But don't want to risk the outlay of money, and the risk of getting caught. If they were legal I'd be all over it!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

·
Premium Member
nissan patrol
1,893 Posts
Yes Geoff, I double checked before and noticed it said left hand drive!! Lol.

I do like micks hid kits. But don't want to risk the outlay of money, and the risk of getting caught. If they were legal I'd be all over it!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
After about 500 retrofits I'm yet to here of anyone getting defected for an OEM looking projector set up. So much so I've retrofitted around 20 coppers personal cars as well so I really think you would be very unlucky to get defected for an OEM set up. I was defected about 4 months ago for no mud flaps and nothing was said about my lights and she went over my patrol for 20 minutes.

Especially now I'm going to keep D2S HID bulbs in 3800K which is halogen colour for the people who want HID with the halogen look.

Back on topic. Those lights above are LHD so there actually illegal to so if you want to be 100% legal you need to find ADR approved aftermarket headlights

Nissan Patrol 04 13 Wagon UTE Front LH RH SET ONE Piece Headlights ADR | eBay

The Depo lights are great for retrofits in LHD or RHD but like any polycarbonate lens they do fade over time if you don't regularly polish or wax them just like paint.

The only thing that lets them down are there reflectors so if your using factory bulbs over time they go chalky just like your running HIDs. It has no bearing on projector retrofits so I use them all the time.

That chalky look on the reflectors can be removed though providing there not burnt. It's actually a dust on them there not faded.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts