Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

Registered
nissan patrol mk
Yeah, got mine from carsrus
First of all, why do you need them? If its a key issue, you can get the code from nissan and a key cutter can cut you a new ser... Will set you back maybe 25 bux or so compared to 100+

Registered
Nissan
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah I know I can get a new key cut hey. Thing is my key I have is smooth. So the way I see it is yeah I can get new key, but barrel must be worn good to be able to start with a completely blunt key

Gone Fishing
NISSAN 1989 GQ PATROL
Just remember,if getting A/market set you need to keep original key for fuel tank door thingy, they should throw an extra one in for this.....

Registered
Nissan
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah true didn't think of that. But a extra key for the fuel door isn't too much of a hassle.

Registered
nissan
Keys are usually made from brass with a coating, usually nickel. Some are made from other materials. In any case they are softer than the barrel. So even if the key is worn, it is unlikely the barrel is worn.

Just get another key cut. If you are concerned about the key being cut properly do as what has been suggested & go to Nissan & get the code. You will need the VIN & probably proof of ownership.

Cheers,

Registered
nissan
I would say it is likely the barrel is worn and needs replacing it's not uncommon for this to happen to cars with a bit of age on them if they didn't wear out then there wouldn't be such a big market out there for replacement one's.

Registered
nissan
Yeah I know I can get a new key cut hey. Thing is my key I have is smooth. So the way I see it is yeah I can get new key, but barrel must be worn good to be able to start with a completely blunt key
Get a new barrel my key was very smooth as well I had a new one cut and could still pull that out of the ignition in any position as well when it had lots of free play.

Registered
Nissan
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Im buying a new barrel and locks! They way I see it If a smooth key can still open doors and start car, then someone can steal the patrol easy enough!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts