Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
Nissan
759 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now I know there is threads about these injectors but I'm wanting some long term feed back.

So have have you found them?

There pretty cheap for a exchange deal, around the $260 mark

Cheers

·
Registered
Nissan/GU
1,083 Posts
I'm thinking mine are getting due for a refresh. Interested to know what people pay for injector reconditioning from somewhere reputable compared to going eBay ones? Which I have also been looking at. Sorry if this is a hijack, also wanting feedback if anyone have used eBay ones.

·
Registered
5,334 Posts
$70 per injector is your average reco price.
Sorry no idea on the eBay quality ones.

Reactions: Sooty_10

·
Registered
nissan
365 Posts
I'm getting mine reco'd by Northside 4x4 while the pump is up at Diesel Central.

I don't hold much faith in the cheap ebay reco ones.

·
Registered
739 Posts
which ebay ones?

diesel performance on ebay is actually Hiflow... who are fairly competitively priced and have been used by a few on here.

I got them to send me a new No 1 injector a few weeks back.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Got some reco'd ones exchange recently from KM Diesel for about $365. Whichever way you go, just make sure they are using genuine zexel nozzles and not aftermarket.

·
Registered
Nissan
759 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah diesel performance was the seller I was looking at!!

·
Registered
nissan
2,929 Posts
So Northside 4x4 are a injection shop now?
Pretty easy really, as long as genuine Zexel nozzels are used and set to the correct pressure, and non of this 150 bar rubbish, everything should be fine.

·
Registered
nissan patrol gu11
125 Posts
So Northside 4x4 are a injection shop now?
Pretty easy really, as long as genuine Zexel nozzels are used and set to the correct pressure, and non of this 150 bar rubbish, everything should be fine.
Why not 150 bar?

·
Registered
nissan gu td42t
625 Posts
When I brought mine I sent them a msg sayin I would be running around 20psi boost with the pump wound up. I asked what would they recommend and was told they would be best set at factory turbo spec. 150 bar.

I figured this is their job and should know what's best so I went with their suggestion.
If 150 bar is rubbish, why would they suggest that???

What happens if they don't use genuine nozzles? Can't they handle the heat or extra pressure or just wear out quicker???

·
Registered
nissan
2,929 Posts
Factory turbo Spec to my knowledge is 130 bar, non turbo around 108-112 from memory.
Best results I have had from a tuning point of view is wit 110bar roughly.
To many timing compromise's with 150 bar injectors in my view, which cancel out any supposed advantages from better abomination at 150 bar. My mates 2k km old 150 bar injectors we sent off the other week to get reset, weren't spraying all that nicely at the higher pressure.

·
Registered
nissan
692 Posts
I find that interesting because Shawn at Diesel Central set mine to 150bar and I would have to say I think he just might know what he is doing. As for the nozzles you will struggle to find better quality components that's why well built injectors will use them.

·
Registered
nissan
2,929 Posts
Well that all depends if you are chasing a top end hp figure only, or want a bit more scope for driveability.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts