Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Autos are Superior
11,701 Posts
IMWO, another cheap chinese knockoff.

Any good? too soon really to tell. but there are threads saying they use crap plastic without UV protection or some crap.

·
Registered
nissan
21 Posts
Anyone know of this brand?
"TRV4x4" Snorkel
-as seen in this ad?
Are no name snorkels any good?

Snorkel kit suit Nissan Patrol GU Series IV 2004 on 4x4 (eBay item 170620475376 end time 02-Apr-11 20:44:11 AEDST) : Cars, Bikes, Boats

Pete.
I have one of these. It appears to be very sturdy, probably moreso than the Airflow that came fitted to my previous car. All fittings, joins and bends are snug and hunky dory. It all fitted very well, but for a bit of a gap at the very front where it follows the guard, again no worse than the Airflow but not as snug as a Safari or genuine. Purely asthetic mind you and with a bead of black silicone you'll never notice.

·
Registered
nissan
777 Posts
Mine was supposed to be delivered last week so hopefully it comes tomorrow, hoping the above comments reflect the quality of the product

·
Registered
nissan
777 Posts
Mine was supposed to be delivered last week so hopefully it comes tomorrow, hoping the above comments reflect the quality of the product
Well, mine got delivered today but im not happy with the quality.
Clumps if air bubbles in the largest section, looks terrible (kind of like really bad water stains from a distance)

Very good customer service though so happy about that, offering a refund

·
Registered
nissan
21 Posts
That's a bummer for you. FWIW mine was blemish free. Maybe just ask for a replacement if you don't already feel badly burnt, they're bloody cheap compared to anything else out there

·
Registered
nissan
1,177 Posts

·
Registered
nissan patrol
449 Posts
I have the same one. You can see pictures of it in my profile. I had to get the grinder out and do a bit of altering to make the head fit snug.
Quality: 7/10
Value: 9/10
looks: 9/10

·
Registered
nissan
777 Posts
That's a bummer for you. FWIW mine was blemish free. Maybe just ask for a replacement if you don't already feel badly burnt, they're bloody cheap compared to anything else out there
They're out of stock and expecting another shipment around April 10th.
They have plenty of series 4 so im guessing the series 1-3 are a different fit. Dont want to wait that long so getting my refund, they are paying for postage and organising freight so overall happy with that.

I won mine for 255 + postage, the one after mine sold for 199 (was watching it in my ebay)

Going to just bite the bullet and get a Safari or genuine.

·
Registered
GU Patrol Wagon Series 1
774 Posts
I have one and when i fitted mine the template that came with it was the same as my mates safari template, so further down the track if it cracks atleast you have the same holes for the safari item.

Cheers

Phil

·
Registered
Nissan
259 Posts
mine fitted fine and i was happy with the quality, matched up perfect. Also put a bead of silicone between the snorkel pipe under the guard and the air box. You would be stupid not to. if there are air bubbles you can use a cig lighter to get them out sometimes, so i've been told as mine had a bit of bubbling but i wasn't really worried about it.

·
Registered
Nissan
259 Posts
For the safari $430 i got the ebay trv4x4 one for $230 posted. $200 saving on a product that installed perfectly and looks just as good as my mates safari, I can't complain. I personally would recommend the product, they have good feedback and postage was fast!

Took about 2 hours to fit. As long as you have the correct sized hole saw you should only have to file out a small bit of the guard.

·
Registered
nissan patrol
587 Posts
I bought one of these about 6 months ago, was very happy with it, minor gap at the front but notched the holes a bit and adjusted it with some larger washers and it fits perfectly now, clearer fitting insructions would have been appreciated, but im very happy with it, beats paying the extra $200 or however much the safari ones are now.

·
Registered
nissan
777 Posts
Still waiting for them to let me know when the courier will be picking mine up :(

·
Registered
GU IV TI 4.8
356 Posts
i was originally thinking a stainless snorkel would be good on my car, but i put a couple of small bids on one of these snorkels on ebay and won it for under 200 delivered to my door.
it's been a little bit of a bugger to fit as i'm particular about things looking right. the instructions are quite vague and cover all engine options in the one go so it takes a small amount of guess work as to what to do next. not too bad though.
as mentioned, the front edge sits a little way out from the panel so i've put some black silicon behind it and along the edge to help hide the gap.
there are a few small blistery looking spots on the main part, but nothing that stands out so i wasn't fussed with that.
overall, it does the job, and was alot cheaper than other options so i'm happy enough

·
Registered
Nissan
259 Posts
Installing a snorkel is pretty self explanatory which is why is just a vague instruction. Mine fitted up perfectly flush and I'm very happy with it

·
Registered
nissan
777 Posts
My replacement sits away from the guard at the front a little also. Much better finish on this one, still a couple of blemishes but happy with it for the cost. It is a Safari copy so can always use the same mounting holes for one of those later down the track if needed.

Oh make sure the ram heads are pushed on as far as they will go, mine wasnt and it flew off on the freeway, it was tight so thats the only reason I come up with :(

1 - 20 of 27 Posts