Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys!

Is anyone running a eBay t3t4 if so can you please send me the specs and give me
And idea of when it starts spooling up! Would be greatly appreciated

·
Registered
nissan
105 Posts
If is the one that is no name brand for about 300-350 complete with wastegate new in box and a T28 exhaust flange on the inlet and a Vee band exhaust outlet, 3" inlet, 2" outlet and journal bearings. I have on my TD42 the boost starts to kick in at 2000 RPM and at 3000 RPM I am getting 16psi but cruising only get 2-3 psi. In my honest opinion wouldn't do it again I got better results from a Nissan turbo from a RB25DTE with the larger compressor wheel that started to boost at 1100 RPM and got upto 12psi by 1800 and sat on 8psi cruising. So spend the extra and get a bearing journal turbo they get up and scream

·
Registered
nissan
105 Posts
Just noticed the picture I have as my avitar is the T3T4

·
Registered
nissan
11,174 Posts
i cannot comment on first hand experience but im a firm believer of you get what you pay for, and far as im concerned a new turbo for that kinda money. i wouldnt bother. as the cost of a compressor wheel grenading itself and going thru your motor is ALOT more than a decent garrett or mitsubishi turbo.
even buying a reputable full turbo kit is cheaper than an ebay turbo grenading itself.
imo spend a bit more to save alot.

·
Registered
nissan
11,174 Posts
a relayed work of working from dsr turbos as well. they from what i hear use ebay turbos and will not stand by their warrenties. at all.
id do a bit of research about them as well.

·
Registered
131 Posts
ive got a dsr turbo kit mate works well i used ther manifold and turbo, did everything else myself... happy with it so far its done bout 5000ks in mine still goin good

·
Registered
nissan
105 Posts
I had a reputable turbo shop in Perth size and quote me on a Garrett they came back with a GT3076R. Anyone used one?

·
Registered
nissan
8,930 Posts
On a GQ pump you will probably not fully utilise a GT30, something like a GT2860RS with a 0.86 rear and full fuel charge would work ok.

ebay T3/T4, if your extemely desperate, and even then Id prefer to use a leaf blower.

·
Registered
nissan
105 Posts
Yes agree EB T3/T4 OK to get you back on the road till you can save the cash for a GT2860/76 then you can sell the T3T4 to some some rice burner screamer how dont know any better

1 - 12 of 12 Posts