Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a probleme accessing Glowplug and Fuel solenoid operation.
I changed the Engine from 3 ltr to 4,2 ltr diesel i had to sort out a few electrics, that was OK the Engine was running and the Glowplugs where working the Fuel cutout gave no problem.About a week later they all cut out, since then I try to find the fault but I can't find no reason why the interruption.Has anybody experienst a semilar problem I would like to hear from you Thanks.
Cheers
BG

·
Registered
Nissan
797 Posts
Not sure I understand: are you saying that the fuel was cutting out? The glow plugs? Or both fuel and glow plugs?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
The cutout took place simutaneuos Glowplugs and the Fuelsolenoid shut down, and sofar i have not been abel to restore it nor can I find the reason why it happen.I have not anything altered on the loom. I bought a expensive Nissan repair Book ($320,00) but it is next to bl....y useless. Our so called "autoelectrishen" are even worse then the books,as theyare good in writing hefty bills.
All wich i have tryed sofar have not been abel to solve any of my other electronick problems i have no fait in any of them.
By way of explenation all the other problems I have solved myself and I 'm not an electrishen.
This problem testes my nerves, perhaps you have an answer. I looking forward to your reply.
Cheers BG

·
Registered
nissan GU iv 2006
1,717 Posts
Hey mate, where are you from????
To my understanding the 4.2 will need the main ECM which will.....
INPUTS- Crankshaft pos sen, coolant temp, needle lift sensor (no1 injector),TPS, Ign,Batt volt, Speed, A/c switch, Intake air temp.

OUTPUTS- Injection timing control valve, Glow system operation(Via coolant temp/time) diagnostics, EGR/throttle control valve(if still conected)Thermo fan control(A/C), air con cut out.

There is a seperate ecm for the NATS which is a coded hopping solinoid on top of the usual fuel stop solinoid. Did you remove this??? std one has two wires the NATS one will have three.

There is also a seperate glow contoller from memory too, D/S kick pannel. Did you replace al off these?? Ive got some manuals at home that i'll try and have a look at but working at the moment.

I don't understand how it ran fine for a week then nothing....... Are all the fusable links and fuses ok??

·
Registered
nissan GU
1 Posts
Hi there i have a very similar problem going one minute turned off not to start again cannot get fuel to the injectors manual pump works ok to the main pump then nothing from there on

·
Safari Hoarder
nissan
4,785 Posts
Bgunther, where are you? What TD42 did you install? From what vehicle?

If you give us more details we can help. Others have transplanted TD42.

·
Learned the hard way - RD28t out TD42 in
4,415 Posts
Check the fuses, there's one that powers the g/p timer and fuel shut off valve. But more info would be useful.

·
Registered
nissan GU iv 2006
1,717 Posts
so whats the go Bgunther??

1 - 8 of 8 Posts