Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been ripping the engine harness out of the above vehicle (only done the cab so far) and cant find the ecu. I didnt think they had one but the max ellery service manual is telling me it does but doesnt give me a location.

Cheers,

Nath

·
Premium Member
267 Posts
99 model wont have one, about the only thing it will have is the glow unit behind the right hand kick panel, the only other thing is its refereing to the later models with the td42ti and the ecu for those is in the same spot

Do your self a favour and buy this,

Nissan Patrol GU Y61 1997-2009 WORKSHOP SERVICE MANUAL (eBay item 290493413409 end time 07-Nov-10 21:43:30 AEDST) : Cars, Bikes, Boats

i bought it this morning as im doind the same conversion as you except i dont have a donor car and harness, just an engine, been a big help already

it was worth the $5!!!!!!

cheers sean

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Righto then. Thanks for that. So I'm guessing all the sensors just are wired directly to the instrument cluster then?

I will buy that cd. I bought one ages ago but it doesn't cover the td42.

·
Premium Member
267 Posts
Righto then. Thanks for that. So I'm guessing all the sensors just are wired directly to the instrument cluster then?
i think they go through a "unified meter control " but theres no reason why you cant just hook them straight to the cluster, ill try powering up the control unit first and tapping in to that incase i need that for the fuel gauges etc if not ill just go straight to the cluster

1 - 4 of 4 Posts