Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2012 patrol. coil cab chassis ,3.0L CRD motor 2" lift 3" exhaust Garrett turbo Cruise control '
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Again. recently bought a EGR delete which hooks up to the MAF sensor Any opinions on the efficacy of these..Also bought a EGR blanking plate on line with a 8mm hole in it it looks like a mission to install Peter Warner

·
Administrator
Y2KGUII ZD Wgn
48,269 Posts
Hi Again. recently bought a EGR delete which hooks up to the MAF sensor Any opinions on the efficacy of these..Also bought a EGR blanking plate on line with a 8mm hole in it it looks like a mission to install Peter Warner
Not familiar with EGR delete via MAF sensor, the hole in an EGR block plate was something that worked on the CRD years ago, DI didn't need it. It helps us to help you if we know at a glance what model and engine you have, you can go into account settings and add your vehicle details to the line under your avatar. Could you put up a link to the EGR delete via MAF?

·
Registered
2012 patrol. coil cab chassis ,3.0L CRD motor 2" lift 3" exhaust Garrett turbo Cruise control '
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi The EGR delete I bought on line goes between the MAF sensor on the top of the air filter box & plugs into the wiring loom Peter Warner

·
Registered
9,570 Posts
Hi The EGR delete I bought on line goes between the MAF sensor on the top of the air filter box & plugs into the wiring loom Peter Warner
I believe the CRD unit used to do this just adds a resistor into the wire for the intake air temperature sensor part of the MAF. What that does is tell the ECU that the wrong temperature and hopes to put it to a level above or outside where the ECU parameters open the EGR.

I don't know what other parameters this tricking of the temperature sensor is also affecting within the ECU tune, but to me it's not a great idea to stuff with unless there's some confidence in who has designed and tested the idea. If it's from someone like Diesel Smart then I would have very limited confidence personally.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts