Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
nissan partol gu 2
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, i enquired about an egr gasket because mine collapsed when i blocked it and found that Nissan want me to buy a share in their company or something... So I decided to plant a bit of loctite copper silicone (316 degree temp stuff) around my blocking plate and try and insert it in without completely smearing the silcone.. One problem now, after I have just done it, is that i have a little cloud hovering over my head saying "what if the sealant collapses and then returns through the turbo and [email protected]$&s it..."

Is this likely? I haven't checked if the egr is pre turbo or after, so if someone could clarify this then that cloud i have might piss off...

I understand that there will always be pressure trying to force out of the egr pipe, so it probably can't collapse and travel back against the pressure anyway... I still wonder but..

Cheers.

·
ZD30 Out - L77 In!
nissan patrol
3,346 Posts
Hi terra,

You’ve probably used the best thing that you could have used. Anyway, it’s what I used many years ago and it’s still in there and working ok.

You may be surprised that after blocking the EGR, the joint doesn’t get very hot.

I’ve used copper silicon straight onto exhaust manifolds and headers in the past and even after removing them, I’ve found bits that were in the flame area that didn’t burn away. Provided you haven’t overdosed the blocking plate and used too much, you should be ok.

·
Registered
nissan partol gu 2
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Chaz. Thought it should have been ok, just started wondering "what if..." if you know what I mean.

Cheers

1 - 3 of 3 Posts