Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
G'day all,

so i have been playing the the boost on my 07 CRD wagon and just had a thought.

As i don't have a pyro guage yet and i have a 3" exhaust EGR blocked Dawes and needle valve installed with the boost set at 19 psi and the needle valve closed so the spool rate is AWESOME... and fuel consumption is crap what would the exhaust temps be? and is it doing damage by running the setup this way?

thanks in advance,

the other thing i want to do is fit a solenoid between the airbox and the needle valve so i can have it open and have the needle valve set at a good cruising rate (low boost) and close the solenoid to have high boost for playing:naughty:...... thoughts?

:cheers:

·
Premium Member
2003 ZD30 Di Patrol (The rare Gold one)
25,671 Posts
Temps will be lower with higher boost. It won't do any damage.
If you want to fit a solinoid to enable/disable the needle valve you want to fit it between the needle valve and the Dawes.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
Y2KGUII ZD Wgn
48,221 Posts
G'day all,

so i have been playing the the boost on my 07 CRD wagon and just had a thought.

As i don't have a pyro guage yet and i have a 3" exhaust EGR blocked Dawes and needle valve installed with the boost set at 19 psi and the needle valve closed so the spool rate is AWESOME... and fuel consumption is crap what would the exhaust temps be? and is it doing damage by running the setup this way?

thanks in advance,

the other thing i want to do is fit a solenoid between the airbox and the needle valve so i can have it open and have the needle valve set at a good cruising rate (low boost) and close the solenoid to have high boost for playing:naughty:...... thoughts?

:cheers:
As skeg says it will do no damage, the higher the boost the lower the EGT, but be aware that high boost does not always mean better performance, this is due to the fact that to gain performance the inlet system has to make use of what you have your boost setup, often with a std system 18psi is more than enough.

As for the solenoid in the needle valve line, I think I was probably one of if not the first to do it that way after thinking about it on a long trip home from SA several years ago when I had a dual Dawes system, personally I would have the needle valve in cab, but that is up to you, this is the way I have mine setup not using the resonator to filter the air. I use a Normally Closed solenoid so it needs to be switched on by whatever method you choose to open the solenoid pathway.

Dawes Post Remap.jpg

·
Registered
nissan
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Roger that thanks guys...

I will have a long hard think as to weather i can be bother setting the solenoid up or not lol

·
Registered
nissan
580 Posts
set up an EGT gauge first. it will change how you drive thats for sure! you can see how the extra fuel is dumped in and the EGT's rise. have you done any intake mods? and maybe give your MAF a clean. also it's probably best to aim for a max of 15.5psi until after you EGT gauge is in...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts