Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
nissan top line
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi, just had head rebuilt on my 1991 2.8td y60 top liner spanish version patrol, she starts as always on the first turn of the key and purrs. problem starts if she does not get to warm up for a good ten to fifteen minutes. if i goose her in the drive when the revs drop back down she runs really rough and blows black smoke if on the road she loses power and i need to pull over and let her chugg away until she warms up then she goes back into ticking over like she just started and she is good for the day. one buddy says sticky valve another crap in the fuel, filter new and checked every other week. engineer figures sticky valve would stick all time. read thread on egr problem symptoms seem the same and suggestion is block off plate. where is egr and what does it look like have search pics and can't find. any help out here?

·
Registered
nissan mq patrol
9 Posts
egr system is easy to identify,
you will have a vacuum activated mushroom valve with a cast steel body attached to your inlet and a pipe running from the exhaust manifold pre turbo to that valve.
make up a blanking shim from 2mm stainless and slide it behind the flange at the exhaust end then refasten

1 - 2 of 2 Posts