Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
nissan patrol
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone recommend a fitter to do an EGT probe in southern Sydney suburbs? Also any guides to price I might expect? [ I have the gauge and probe.]

·
Registered
nissan patrol
449 Posts
Hey camp, Im in Shellharbour NSW. I got my EGT gauge in the mail yesturday. Im taking my dump pipe to my local exhaust shop to have them weld a nut with the required thread size which I got from Bunings.

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
GU.GT

I removed the Heat cover and went to a exhaust place and they charged me $40, done while on car.

·
Grenade Master
GU4 05
2,614 Posts
Im taking my dump pipe to my local exhaust shop to have them weld a nut with the required thread size which I got from Bunings.
Don't do EGT gauges come with the thread boss included which is than welded in the exhaust pipe? All the kits I've seen include everything. I certainly wouldn't use a nut from Bunnings for that.

·
Registered
nissan patrol
449 Posts
Don't do EGT gauges come with the thread boss included which is than welded in the exhaust pipe? All the kits I've seen include everything. I certainly wouldn't use a nut from Bunnings for that.
note taken..

·
Registered
nissan patrol
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Shane, it's obviously worked well for you but without them removing the exhaust isn't there a big risk of swarf affecting the turbo?
Thanks all for your responses.

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
GU.GT

It's post turbo so I think more chance of cat converter being effected, mine is placed on the bend. Had no dramas after 15k.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts